The Photo Snob Thread

Asterope

Likes Dirt
Hi all :) new to the forum and new to this thread.

Photography is a hobby that keeps me sane and after reading back over a few pages I am happy to see that I am not the only one still using film!

I am currently shooting with a canon 450d, and have a nikon adapter so that I can use all my nikon non-ai glass, results in some pretty funky lengths because of the crop sensor!

Unfortunately I am a pov student so its a bit expensive for me to shoot film at the moment - My freezer is full of 35mm and 120 film so when I am not so pov I can get back into it. I develop all my own black and white - so its cheap and I still shoot that when i get the time.
My film gear ranges from 35mm, 6x6, 6x9 and half-frame 35mm. The half frame is heaps of fun as I can get 72 shots out of a 36 shot roll ;) Hoping to pick up a 4x6 press camera sometime soon - its been on the cards for a while.
I also have a full 35mm and medium format darkroom setup at my parents house which is being neglected as well :(

i'll post some pics soon :)

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What teams Jase? Is that Melbourne Ice in Navy?
I found it super hard to get the exposure right.
I cant remember the teams hux, its just resi's, mate was playing. I found that exposing it a full stop over was about right, and 4k WB was also about right.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Lighting gear will help in "some" instances but not at 1/400th as you won't sync with the flash anyway. Keep it under 1/250th.
Most guys use speed lights when shooting DH, you can sync well over 400th if you wanted to. I used to shoot Skate boarding at 1000th with my 1dmk2n