The Photo Snob Thread

little man

Likes Dirt
I'm planning on selling my 40D with BG-E2 grip and 4 batteries (2 canon and 2 generic) It has no wear or marks on the body. It's clean and works perfectly.

I'm open for offers. PM me if you're interested.

ovadahill

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sell or Give away

I think this has been discussed before. -- As an enthusiast weekend snapper should I be giving away photos from a race or is it fair to the other "pros" to sell the photos. If so what sort of websites are available to sell photos from?

hotazell

Likes Dirt
I'm planning on selling my 40D with BG-E2 grip and 4 batteries (2 canon and 2 generic) It has no wear or marks on the body. It's clean and works perfectly.

I'm open for offers. PM me if you're interested.
You're seen the light and getting a nikon then..... I'm getting something new on Saturday

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Give him a sec; he justifies himself rather nice I think...

Floor is all yours Tristan!
I'll do my justifying in the morning. And get ready, cos it'll be at least a 3-solid-paragraph justification (if not 4 or 5 or 6).

As much for myself as it will be for you guys infact...buyers remorse is something i'm not very good with.

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll do my justifying in the morning. And get ready, cos it'll be at least a 3-solid-paragraph justification (if not 4 or 5 or 6).

As much for myself as it will be for you guys infact...buyers remorse is something i'm not very good with.
I'm expecting a novel on how it took so long for you to go Canon in the first place. No excuses.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
G'day Alec, great work considering the difficult dynamic range you have had to deal with! Last (shown here) photo is my fav, I think it just needs the white point set a little bit higher, and maybe burn the top of the photo so its less distracting, or crop it a little. Eyes are sharp and it looks like you guys had a lot of fun with the shoot, nice one!
Thanks mate :) see what you mean by the slight burn/crop. Having trouble thinking what else to write cause I'm rreealllyyy drunk right now but ya kknnooowwww

Alec, 1 and 5 lack a little light on her face, this would have made them perfect. I don't however know how you would have accomplished getting light on her face! lol
I love 4, to me it's perfect. It oozes class and talent. Fantastic job!

On another note, how do you get your models? Are they friends or professional models?
I see what you mean haha, there was one really similiar to the first photo (but it was a portrait photo) and my poor editing skills could just not give it the life it needed, otherwise it woulda been one of the better shots! :( haha I find 4 really good cause I reckon it leaves alot to the imagination. Could be anything from a hot chick taking a skinny dip to a horror movie cover :p

and just friends :) this one however is a TINY bit more experienced than the others. But it's more her confidence that helped the photo's turn out so well rather than the experience !

Nice, Alec. You could definitely do with some off-camera fill in there, though. Even just a speedlight through an umbrella would work perfectly, to add to the shot. The location and model are sweet though...I like this set a lot.
Thanks :) I actually didn't use flash in a few of the shots at all, it made them pure white and I got annoyed! Lighting is one thing I'm REALLY bad at. I swear If I learned more about it and put some more practise in I could improve my shots so much it's not even funny :confused:

Alec,

One of the big things that repeats itself through these photos is your framing. Its an easy thing to fix, but you need to be more aware of where you are cropping limbs if you're not going to include the whole thing. There are a number of chopped off fingers and toes, and limbs chopped off at the joint which serve to make the photos appear a little unpolished and can make limbs look awkwardly long etc. It's not the end of the world if in the initial photo taking you accidentally clip a toe or something, but if it happens, try cropping the whole hand or foot out, and crop in between joints.

Also, the thongs on the rock spoil number one.

I also agree with Tristan that these could benefit from some light fill.
Hmmm I see what you mean. I would have never even thought to look at that kind of thing before so there we go I learned something new! :D

I actually liked the thongs there, when I initially took the photo they were an accident but after bringing the photo up on the computer I decided to leave them in rather than try and photoshop them out cause I liked them there haha.

I like the pose in the first, and the guys have already mentioned the fill light on the model.

The 4th is a great shot, well executed, but you can still see the marks from her bikini top.. Only solution for that is for her to leave the clothes off for a while so the marks will go away (not that that should be a problem for you)

The last link is real nice too, just a tad dark around her eyes.

While I'm going, I'll nitpick and say that I don't like the dirty feet in a couple of the photos. That said, you did a mighty fine job
Hahahhah the dirty feet in photo number 3 annoyed me ssooo much it's not even funny hahahah. Glad but at the same time annoyed someone else thought the same :p

Anyway sorry if anyhing sounds really dumb, Thursday nights in Cairns is dollar driunks and I got home a bit early tonight, so I'm replying to this shit pretty damn wasted :D