The Photo Snob Thread

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd be happy to hear ideas for objects.

And i like some of your ideas very much, so people that mentioned ideas, thankyou.

saMfish

Likes Dirt
I reckon a 'transport' category would be sweet. +1 for the 'objects' idea too, if I think of anything I'll post up. Keen as.

Drew.

Eats Squid
2 photos from this arvo. Looking foward to getting my other flash, when shooting so close to dark 1 flash doesn't suffice.

Both of mabooiii jonny mckella.

dont like this one really.

saMfish

Likes Dirt
Not bike related, but meh. Having so much fun with my flashes.

Saturday Breakfast

Strobist:
Vivitar 285HV bare behind subject, pointed up.
Vivitar 285HV w/ blow-up diffuser camera right, pointed at subject.

Last edited:

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spring cleaning in the summer is lots of fun...

I found a bunch of my mums old film stuff:
Olympus SLR from the late 80's
A film p/s with a mini built in macro ring, unfortunatly the lens has a small crack
off the top of my head:
olympus 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5
sigma 28mm f/2.8
sigma 35-70 f/3.5-4.9
olympus 70-210mm f/3.5-5.6
and a assortment of filters and flashes

I dont care that its a poor photo, your face is a poor photo

Looks like ill have to try some film, but first what does esp mean... theres a dial that has esp on it, it only has two positions so its an on/off switch.

And finally if anyones selling a lens for not so much money im keen as mustard for it... prime, or not so prime im happy with either.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Goes into a few of their point and shoots as well. Had it in my good ol' weatherproof Mju300. Brilliant little camera...untill I dropped it.

Sam.

Eats Squid
Yay!......

Except the crop is perhaps a little too square. If its 20 high, it should be 13.33 wide. Thats the guide I try to use when I crop and resize for the net. Otherwise, easily your best shot ever.

skivi

Likes Dirt
if anyone has a cheap yet fully functioning and accurate spotmeter or lightmeter PM me please.

thank you.

it was a farking hot day yesterday in cbr so we went and got a few shots befor we head back to nathens pool hear is 3 shots from erindale and faddan

nathen just chilling a bit flat over the hip at erindale

nathen just chilling

and last just a air at faddan (worst ramp ever its liek bank to vert hahah)

some advice would be grate...

saMfish

Likes Dirt
Olly, I must say, I can see a giant Giant ad on the right hand side of your photo, and it being in a magazine. :) Composition is great, and lighting is quite even.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
O. Smith: Colours and action are great, one thing I can't stand though, and this is only personal opinion, and it applies to lots of people's shots, is not being able to see where the rider is headed. It's cool you can see his roost, and the timing is spot on, but the fact he's heading out of frame, rather than across frame gets to me.

Sure, some people might use the old 'breaking the rules is cool' argument, but i'll just ban them...;)

Sam.

Eats Squid
Great to see you back Xmetal!

Olly, I agree with what tris said. The compo seems a little... awkward? Not that I am one to talk:s