The Photo Snob Thread

nizai

Likes Dirt
In the last week of my Canadian Holiday, im kinda ready for home, want to get back on the iMac where I can edit some photos - and we have 12GB+ of raw captures to go through. *sigh*

Got back from Boston last night after going to two hockey games in 48 hours. My beloved Bruins lost to New Jersey but shutout Edmonton 2-0. A couple from the technicolor wonder that is TD Garden (this is also where the Celtics play)... Taken with a Canon G9...

Boston is an amazing city for the photog, wish i'd stayed longer but hotels are super pricey.

freeride-freak

Likes Dirt
Was bored the other day after school so put together some black card and hung a torch from above. The others are just randoms.

And one from my grandma's old point-and-shoot film camera:

Thoughts?

Drew.

Eats Squid
Alright, i'm gonna get my girlfriend a digital camera for christmas, nothing fancy, just something fair priced, and that comes in pink ahah. Recommendations?

alexx23

Likes Dirt
Form the weekend- random few:

^^ not sure about this one, tried to have a edit on it, im hopeless at PP...

^^self portrait- at 250mm

^^ dad,

sorry about the large photos, i couldnt get the medium ones to work, worked it out now, for the last one,but cant be bothered changing them! :|

tips and tricks appreciated as always.

alex.

Hugle

Likes Dirt
Callan, i like it!
I think having the box in the background is a really cleaver way of brand placement/recognition, its good :)

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like the sound of that.

A shot from today. After Callan posted his 24-105 lens i had a look in the cupboard to see what Dad had, lo and behold, a 24-105. Took it out today and gave it a whirl.

All natural light. Unfortunately haven't got use of my laptop w/ photoshop & Aperture so this is straight off the camera.

Thoughts?

EDIT:
First time playing with my 15mm fisheye too.
Don't quite like the shots but it's a pretty sharp lens.

*SNIP*
Totally met you at the trails yesterday. Was just after Wilson binned it. Rad photos!:)

trt-reece

Likes Dirt

C&C? other than the bg not being completely white.
I was actually going to suggest having the box a bit closer so it was a little bit clearer. For a product shot, it might have been better to be able to see the logo a bit clearer, since not everyone recognises the leaf cycles logo. As it is, I like the shot, but would be keen to see a comparison....

Thoughts?
That looks like way too sexual a pose for what I assume is a childs toy