The Photo Snob Thread

hubbie

Forever 1,337
Photo of our own Belle at Orange. Is it over-exposed on most peoples computers? It isn't on my external, but is on my laptop. C&C please. Sunpak 544 and Nikon SB-800 :)

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Experementin'.
Sorry man, not such a fan of these. The second is alright, but both seem a little below your usual standard of radicality.

Photo of our own Belle at Orange. Is it over-exposed on most peoples computers? It isn't on my external, but is on my laptop. C&C please. Sunpak 544 and Nikon SB-800 :)
It's not so much 'over-exposed' on my monitor - nothing is actually blown out - it's just very bright. What were your settings? If it was possible, I would've dialled down the ambient a little more (higher SS or lower ISO...i'm guessing you were at fastest synch-able shutter speed though?) to get a deeper blue in the sky and not so much heat from the flashes. You would've lost a little detail in the background, but it would've been negligible and Bill would've popped a little more anyway.

Hope that helps some. Nice work anyway Hubbie! Any more?

Drew.

Eats Squid
Sorry man, not such a fan of these. The second is alright, but both seem a little below your usual standard of radicality.

Yeah, I didn't expect much from them, really. Was just a matter of learning/experimenting this afternoon. Just trying to learn to blend different backgrounds, shooting directly into sunlight etc. Obviously didn't work overly well.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Soo annoying, one of my flashes wasn't syncing today... Grrr, got too dark after this to try and fix it... So one flash only went off, but still looks kewlll

hubbie

Forever 1,337
Very good, Hubble. Me likey.:)
Thanks D-money!

It's not so much 'over-exposed' on my monitor - nothing is actually blown out - it's just very bright. What were your settings? If it was possible, I would've dialled down the ambient a little more (higher SS or lower ISO...i'm guessing you were at fastest synch-able shutter speed though?) to get a deeper blue in the sky and not so much heat from the flashes. You would've lost a little detail in the background, but it would've been negligible and Bill would've popped a little more anyway.

Hope that helps some. Nice work anyway Hubbie! Any more?
Thanks Tristan! yeah snapped it pretty quickly without fiddling, I reckon I gotta calibrate my monitors, might re-edit. it was 1/160th on cheap triggers at F8 ISO 100. Shot mostly on Film with natural light or videoing while away, so not loads of shots. couple more. my mate Jesper took some pearlers, I reckon. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jesperoonie/

More of mine:

Pity I framed Jesper in front of the tree. Middle of the day, and flashes on full power so no background separation.

jimmy_22

Likes Dirt
selling my gear, but im pretty happy with the results of these product style shots anyways lol. second time shooting product. just used a sheet of a2 cartrige paper and bounced a flash off my ceiling.

constructive cristisim? what do you guys think?

p.s. the first lens is still for sale (Nikon 18-70mm F/4.5 G ED perfect condition less than 6 months old)

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
selling my gear, but im pretty happy with the results of these product style shots anyways lol. second time shooting product. just used a sheet of a2 cartrige paper and bounced a flash off my ceiling.

constructive cristisim? what do you guys think?

p.s. the first lens is still for sale (Nikon 18-70mm F/4.5 G ED perfect condition less than 6 months old)
Take them off center a little, and do something more interesting with them (first and second mainly...third is nice), and you'll have yourself a winner. Your lighting is nice and even which is good, but the shots are let down by the fact there's no point of interest in the first two..you can't read any writing on the lenses and the lens elements are boring.

It's been a while since I have gotten some decent macro's, mostly because of the weather. It seems bugs don't like roaming around in the rain very much. I took my camera to school today and the range of things to shoot is greatly larger than what's here at home. Anyway, for you fly haters, here is what I am led to believe is a weevil of some description.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert

It's a little work-in-progress I have with a friend that I thought I'd share.
Apologies for the rushed post processing on this one - it's come out alright but it still needs tweaking.

Drew.

Eats Squid
It's a little work-in-progress I have with a friend that I thought I'd share.
Apologies for the rushed post processing on this one - it's come out alright but it still needs tweaking.
Looks good man,
I know it's not an original idea though.:p

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Looks good man,
I know it's not an original idea though.:p
Ha ha. I bet it's rather cliche by now.

It's actually going to be used in a piece as a reflection in a shower screen to portray 'post traumatic stress disorder' for a friend.

In other news,

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ha ha. I bet it's rather cliche by now.

It's actually going to be used in a piece as a reflection in a shower screen to portray 'post traumatic stress disorder' for a friend.

In other news,

Holy hell thats funny!!!

GF nearly wet herself laughing - had to consult her, shes the photographer..