The Photo Snob Thread

Hardrock_rider_23

Likes Dirt
hey guys, been a while since ive been on, everyone is taking some brilliant photos!
looking towards picking up a D7000 in the next month or so, possibly with a sigma 10-20 lens with it (f4-5.6 model)
and just wondering if anyone had any advice on the lens specifically? ive heard mainly good things about it but if anyone has any other recommendations
just in price aswell ive managed to get a very competitive quote from diamonds for the d7000 body with a 3year warranty (4 years total as it begins after the manufacturers warranty) for $1489 and the lens for $650

Xplor

Likes Dirt
Just realised i stuffed up my masking and got the neck of the guitar, ill have to fix that! :(

EDIT: Okay i mucked around on Photoshop and fixed it. But photoshop was being a pain the backside and i lost a few things, so not exactly happy with his skin. A bit too dark.

Thoughts please.

Last edited:

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
A little box of fun....

So I have submitted all my Canon Eos Photo 5 briefs and have to say as a newb I really enjoyed having to think about the subject and create something accordingly.

A couple of the photos will stand out for me in regards to "getting the shot" so thought Id share.

Wakizashi though Golden Ribbon:
Panning in sync with a blade cutting a ribbon was horrendously hard... A few hundred practice pics were taken, then a lot more to get the pic right.
The end result is the ribbon appearing almost flame like in appearance over the blade.

Powder on Face:
The girlfriend loved this as she got to pelt handfuls of powdery crushed (and not so crushed) chalk into my face.
Took about 5 or 6 goes to get right. The mess afterwards was pretty insane.

Full 5 pics here:
https://www.canon.com.au/en-au/worl...&briefID=fc3cac9d-e1df-41f2-90d0-ca63ae696e2a

Attachments

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
I've whacked up a new BLOG POST with a couple of pictures from a shoot I did yesterday afternoon that actually relates to the reason we are all on this website and know each other...bikes. Haven't shot any riding for ages, so I thought it was about time.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Really nice work Tristan, I wish I knew someone that rides bikes so I could try something like that.
All I know right now is this sort of thing......
One more from my shoot last week with Naomi

6219519801_844cea15d9_z.jpg

TWChikn

Likes Dirt
I really like both of those posts ^^.

Nice work guys. Reminding me how desperately I need some time to get out and practice...

Xplor

Likes Dirt
Tristian! Loving your photos, how do you get that look to your photos that i don't see in other, i don't even know how to describe it, what do you do in post to get the effect you do?

EDIT: Referring to your Wedding shots etc, not the one you just posted of the ocean.

Last edited: