VIC The private decent

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
Went out there today with a few others. Alot of it has ruts from the moto guy (well im 95% sure its him). And hes been riding up and down after its been raining for a few days. So we put in a drop near the end of the track to get him off for a bit.. He came up the track and apparently we are all "selfish pricks" and "theres no point building, just ride the track". He obviously has no idea. So im gonna call dougal and get some info and let you guys know :) also, loving the new bits guys! Looking real good. cant wait to ride it in the dry.
Bryce

Last edited:

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went out there today with a few others. The moto guys ripped alot of it up with ruts. And hes been riding up and down after its been raining for a few days. So we put in a drop near the end of the track to stop him for a bit.. He came up the track and apparently we are all "selfish pricks" and "theres no point building, just ride the track". He obviously has no idea. So im gonna call dougal and get some info and let you guys know :) also, loving the new bits guys! Looking real good. cant wait to ride it in the dry.
Bryce
he was also telling us how its not gonna be there the next time we are there, so we might aswell stop. so i think keep rebuilding it till he gives up

yakkity yak

Likes Dirt
Oh sweet! Some guys my age! Awesome. Hey rider124 at Vermont secondary do u know the HUmphrey's (Tasha, crystal, and terran)?

Mmm hopefully this moto guy goes away and stop being a problem or he's just gonna ruin everything!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh sweet! Some guys my age! Awesome. Hey rider124 at Vermont secondary do u know the HUmphrey's (Tasha, crystal, and terran)?

Mmm hopefully this moto guy goes away and stop being a problem or he's just gonna ruin everything!
Yeah, i know of them. Not really well at all but.
we need to keep building one way obstacles that take a while and is a massave pain to remove untill he gets sick of it.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did 3 runs from the top yesterday after you guys left.
Also found a bit of timber and put it over some mud in that bit right after jake's drop.
I saw old man motorbike on my way out, and asked him kindly to not ride up the track now, or in future while it was wet.
He was on a mission to detroy your new drop, and headed straight up to the track.

And I went out there this morning aswell. Did 3 runs again. Couldn't bring myself to walk up again!
As suspected, he's taken out most of the branches, and made your drop pretty much just a bump in the ground. He also moved a few branches to the log after those rutted berms, so he can get up it easier!
The bump is still big enough to jump off, so it's mostly all good.

I also tried explaining why it's actually more dangerous to have all the wet leaf litter covering the track, but that seemed to go straight past him.

Anyway, the track is going really well. The top section is getting more use, so it's wearing in nicely, and I hear we're in for some good weather in the next week.

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
It sure is a tiring track to push.
Not sure what we are gonna do about the motoguy.. we will just have to wait and see.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As suspected, he's taken out most of the branches, and made your drop pretty much just a bump in the ground. He also moved a few branches to the log after those rutted berms, so he can get up it easier!
The bump is still big enough to jump off, so it's mostly all good.
hahaha, i didnt really like the drop too much anyway. was just in an odd placing. and
after you talked to him did he keep riding after you said not too?

And bryce. did your dad call up dougle?

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
hahaha, i didnt really like the drop too much anyway. was just in an odd placing. and
after you talked to him did he keep riding after you said not too?

And bryce. did your dad call up dougle?
Not yet.. Its hard to get him to do stuff sometimes. But we have been out most of the day and it is farthers day so he has an exuse haha

yakkity yak

Likes Dirt
Rider 124: aww yeh cool.

It does sound like 1 way obstacles would be the way to go if there is room to be able to build any biggish drops with some north shore or something, that might help, but you don't really want a track filled with drops.
I'm hopefully finally going to try and get up there on Sunday with a shovel, if I don't have work and the weather is decent!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rider 124: aww yeh cool.

It does sound like 1 way obstacles would be the way to go if there is room to be able to build any biggish drops with some north shore or something, that might help, but you don't really want a track filled with drops.
I'm hopefully finally going to try and get up there on Sunday with a shovel, if I don't have work and the weather is decent!
sweet. may see you up there then!

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
i wont be up there this sunday.. will be racing at long gully :)
with the track, we also need to build up some decent size berms more towards the top of the track and make it wider. It just doesent seem to flow very well.. the bit where it just goes in a straight line for a bit, make it either really rough, or have it smooth, then rough, then smooth etc.. but its difficult becuase its so hard getting dirt up there. so many rocks!
anyway just some ideas. hopefully see you guys out there soon!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i wont be up there this sunday.. will be racing at long gully :)
with the track, we also need to build up some decent size berms more towards the top of the track and make it wider. It just doesent seem to flow very well.. the bit where it just goes in a straight line for a bit, make it either really rough, or have it smooth, then rough, then smooth etc.. but its difficult becuase its so hard getting dirt up there. so many rocks!
anyway just some ideas. hopefully see you guys out there soon!
Will probs be racing long gully this weekend aswell. then the next weekends i am on school camp. but i get back on the first week of school holidays so lotsa riding then :D
the long straight bit needs to be smooth at the start to pick up pace then we need a massive out of controll rough as guts long ass bit. it would be rad just being in a quick bit that pushes your limits to the max.
the top section needs a lot of work. i think i had a good idea but its hard to say on the computer. it will have to wait till we are there :D

yakkity yak

Likes Dirt
I was gonna get out there tomorrow but now I can't coz I did tissue damage in my foot :( and next week I'm racing in Barjarg.. Seems like I'm never going to get out there!!

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
Keen on riding and building. Mums got a Van that can fit a few bikes in it too but it's not too eager on steep hills and it's only a three seater but doesn't mean we can't find a few places in the back for people. PM me if you'd like the weak manpower a sixteen year old guy has.