VIC The private decent

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
a van sure would be handy.. ;)

weather was awesome for a few days.. but the rain is back :( keen to get back out there

300th post!

yakkity yak

Likes Dirt
a van would be sweet even if it is just limiter bashing in 1st up the hill haha

anyone getting out there on the holidays if the weathers right??

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tracks riding well after a few days of sun.
I did 2 runs from the water tower yesterday, and 1 today.
Minimal mud, and Jake has built a new jump just before the corner with the roots.
Get out there, so i'm not the only one riding it!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tracks riding well after a few days of sun.
I did 2 runs from the water tower yesterday, and 1 today.
Minimal mud, and Jake has built a new jump just before the corner with the roots.
Get out there, so i'm not the only one riding it!
Sounds good!
just back from camp so i will give myself a day or 2 off then head out there depending on weather!
keen to get back on the bike!

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hadn't noticed until today, someone has cut a new track from the bottom fire road down towards the creek. This would normally be cool, but it leads straight to the run in to my jumps, which is not a good thing!

I don't know who did the work, but if they read this thread,
I never wanted any more tracks into the place! 2 was enough.
Now it's going to see a lot more traffic, and I bet the jumps won't last in the condition they've been in for very long.

So what might have seemed like a good idea, might not be so good in the long run.

Next time I'm down there I'll drag in some big logs and trees to block off the top of the run in to the jumps.
Please don't remove them. It's better when these types of things are hidden from view.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hadn't noticed until today, someone has cut a new track from the bottom fire road down towards the creek. This would normally be cool, but it leads straight to the run in to my jumps, which is not a good thing!

I don't know who did the work, but if they read this thread,
I never wanted any more tracks into the place! 2 was enough.
Now it's going to see a lot more traffic, and I bet the jumps won't last in the condition they've been in for very long.

So what might have seemed like a good idea, might not be so good in the long run.

Next time I'm down there I'll drag in some big logs and trees to block off the top of the run in to the jumps.
Please don't remove them. It's better when these types of things are hidden from view.
that is annoying and i see why your annoyed. but why dont you cut off the track half way ar re route it. so block it with trees and logs and shit. and start building it away from your jumps.
something does need to change though

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
hmmm that is annoying. jumps better not get destroyed, they are some super nice DJs.

weathers getting better! i should be out there with some others on Saturday to have a dig and a ride if its dried up. has anyone spoken to the moto guy lately?

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hmmm that is annoying. jumps better not get destroyed, they are some super nice DJs.

weathers getting better! i should be out there with some others on Saturday to have a dig and a ride if its dried up. has anyone spoken to the moto guy lately?
No one has spoken to moto dude since we pissed him off :p

maybe not saturday.. top of 12 with possible hail and thunder.. doesn't sound promising
Working saturday now. so im glad im doing that instead.
hoping to get out there monday!

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
had a few ideas-
after the big rock garden in the middleish (with the drop into it) have a line at the bottom of it that goes left onto more of a downhill/rough/rocky track, then have the normal line ( the one we have been building on) more of a flowy, jumps track since thats what it seems to be turning into a bit :smile:
also with the gap in the middle of the bottom half, the one with the big ditch in it, have a small kicker just after corner then you land in the ditch and boost out into the flatter corner. if that makes sence.. :dizzy:
hoping to get out there sunday or tuesday, depending on the weather. dentist on monday :tsk:

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
had a few ideas-
after the big rock garden in the middleish (with the drop into it) have a line at the bottom of it that goes left onto more of a downhill/rough/rocky track, then have the normal line ( the one we have been building on) more of a flowy, jumps track since thats what it seems to be turning into a bit :smile:
also with the gap in the middle of the bottom half, the one with the big ditch in it, have a small kicker just after corner then you land in the ditch and boost out into the flatter corner. if that makes sence.. :dizzy:
hoping to get out there sunday or tuesday, depending on the weather. dentist on monday :tsk:
with the gap with the big ditch in it. we would have to dig it out a fair amount. as we wouldnt be able to jump that far with the amount of speed we would have