VIC The private decent

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wednesday afternoon, whats everyone doing
gonna borrow an AM style bike from work and play around on some of the tracks at the bottom, anyone else in?

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So the wind last week blew a few tree's down over the track.
I went out on the weekend to dig a new line that Jake and I discussed through the week to get around the main problem.
hs8g.jpgakov.jpg
j2y0.jpg
Still needs a bit of work, as you lose heaps of speed landing on the flat part.
I'm thinking of making the middle dip down, so it's a downhill landing, then a bit of a kicker instead of a flat drop.

Also because I had the tools with me I did a bit of work on the road gap landing.
866r.jpg
I bet it will be screwed again by next weekend!

And finally, the top section to the watertower is now sorta off limits..
I was clearing this massive pile of branches blocking the track just below the tree line when a guy came down and told me off!
Aparently from the trees down to the road is private property, and he doesn't want anyone riding on it anymore.
We can extend it straight down hill to the road (boring) but not use the part pictured anymore. :(
3e6o.jpg

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
looking awesome! that section was always kind of awkward.. hopefully the dirt stays on those slippery logs.
cant wait to get out there now that i have a bike that works (mostly) :bounce:

sucks about the top section... i guess we'll figure out something else.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i think we should head out with a chainsaw and completely re route that section. its always been awkward

we can change the top section easy!

Sam-Q

Squid
has someone cofirmed for sure that the old guy on the motorbike does know the land owner?

If someone wants me to make a step that only a chainsaw can take down then I am happy to do that. I would dig two holes about half a meter deep each to sink in posts or sleepers, and then have a sleeper bolted between the two to then smack the end of the bolts to stop them being undone.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
has someone cofirmed for sure that the old guy on the motorbike does know the land owner?

If someone wants me to make a step that only a chainsaw can take down then I am happy to do that. I would dig two holes about half a meter deep each to sink in posts or sleepers, and then have a sleeper bolted between the two to then smack the end of the bolts to stop them being undone.
pretty sure bryce's dad confirmed that the motor biker doesn't know the owner. that could be done, just where is the question!

I could make an appearance. What day/time were you thinking?
good question, i will see what the others are thinking!

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt

He knows him and knows he rides there, but the land owner doesn't really like moto's riding through there but apparently hes been "riding there for 30 years and built all the tracks himself".... I also heard (but could be wrong) that he is involved in a motorbike shop somewhere and tells people to test their new rides out at this place.

Sam-Q

Squid
Well that being the case then why don't me make various small drop offs that the guy can't tear down? even if's a single sleeper tall (200mm) it would still be annoying to get up with a motorbike. Even if he built the tracks it's not his land and not his permission to use it.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well that being the case then why don't me make various small drop offs that the guy can't tear down? even if's a single sleeper tall (200mm) it would still be annoying to get up with a motorbike. Even if he built the tracks it's not his land and not his permission to use it.
youd be suprised the amount of time he will spend tearing something down, and possibly making it dangerous for us, just so he can ride it on his moto. worth a shot anyway.

turns out i cant make it this weekend. got asked into work tomorrow and then i have another commitment on sunday.
will be out there soon though i hope

Sam-Q

Squid
Alright then, when I finally get some time to come down I will bring some sleepers, my drills, bolts and co-ordinate with some other guys to make sure I don't do anything that people don't want.

Seriously it sounds like this guy is a royal arsehole

pezz

Likes Bikes
hey guys the old bloke on the moto knows the land owner. he has been riding there for years but he did not build the dh track
as myself and few other mates built years back. we have tried for years to keep him off our tracks but he just keeps riding it we built jumps drops lots of stuff to block him out but he will just spend all day there ripping it down.
nothing much we can do but build other lines around jumps so he wont rip it down.
anyways whos going to be out there this weekend need to do a massive build day fixing up the track before it gets to hot to build and dry.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As the others have said; anything we build that he doesn't agree with he'll make it his business to rip it down or make it easier to ride uphill over it.

Just went up the track, was following a minibike up, but didn't catch the bastard!
Old mate has already ripped up the square edge on the drop I made last week and piled the branches into a ramp so he could ride through it!
And he has an alternate line around that whole section already!!
He thinks he owns the tracks!

So long story short, feel free to build, but don't be surprised if he alters/ruins it.
This guy has been known to ride down with a chainsaw on his back to cut fallen tree's (he's not totally evil) so I wouldn't doubt he'd have a cordless angle grinder ready for action...

pezz

Likes Bikes
As the others have said; anything we build that he doesn't agree with he'll make it his business to rip it down or make it easier to ride uphill over it.

Just went up the track, was following a minibike up, but didn't catch the bastard!
Old mate has already ripped up the square edge on the drop I made last week and piled the branches into a ramp so he could ride through it!
And he has an alternate line around that whole section already!!
He thinks he owns the tracks!

So long story short, feel free to build, but don't be surprised if he alters/ruins it.
This guy has been known to ride down with a chainsaw on his back to cut fallen tree's (he's not totally evil) so I wouldn't doubt he'd have a cordless angle grinder ready for action...
Dam mini bike riders there the ones who do most of the damage.
The old bloke doesn't really rip up the tracks to much
Well have to catch one and warn them off or just throw rocks at them like a few mates
And myself use to haha. I'm headin up after work tonight for a build might catch one I hope

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heading out today with a few others. gonna mainly ride but also look for solutions at the top section!