VIC The private decent

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nobody riding Dougals anymore??
I did 1 run this arvo. Beware, the 'wall ride' after the road gap is broken and in need of some repairs.
I taped off the track in front of it so nobody rides over it into the trees!

And I visited my jumps.

Some riders are dumbing them down, and I'm not too happy about it!

They're wasting the soil which was not particularly easy to cart up hill, and digging a large coffin hole for extra soil instead of digging it from the bank.
If anyone knows who is responsible could you please ask them to have a word with me.

Koper25

Likes Dirt
I'd be keen to help fix the place if you want a hand, ridden there a couple of times. The trails mates and I had got wrecked recently by some dick and we need a new place close to home to ride.

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
I did 1 run this arvo. Beware, the 'wall ride' after the road gap is broken and in need of some repairs.
I went down there a couple of weeks ago. The wall ride was hanging loose and part of the support was used to bock the track in front. If I can find the time, I'd be happy to lend a hand. Rebuild using dirt maybe?

Also had my first encounter with the moto mob last week. Was on my way up a nearby steep gravel rd and heard a couple of motos at the bottom of the hill, turned around in time to see one of them waz it into the road I was halfway up, try to pull some sort of donut and stack it. Being a nice guy, I waited to see if he was ok, ready to head back down the hill to help out if he looked injured. Luckily (I thought) he picked himself back up, started his bike and came up the road toward me with his pal following behind. When he got to about 5 meters from me, he pulled a totally shit wheelie. I shit myself because this clown is clearly cack at riding motorbikes. I'm still stood there, shaking my head, when his buddy follows looking a bit more competent, goes past me then opens it up and sprays a bunch of dust and stones in my direction. All altruistic thoughts of "hope he's ok" disappeared, and I found myself wishing he'd bust his stupid gurning face on his stupid fucking bike. I also find it really fucking inconsiderate to ride loud motorbikes hard round residential areas at a time when folk are trying to get their kids to sleep.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sucks that you've had a negative experience with the motorbike riders already.
None of them care at all about anyone else around. There isn't much more we can do than remind to consider others by not riding the bike tracks, and get out of the way if they see a rider coming down the hill.

The noise issue next to the houses has been going on forever, at least the past 20 years.
Used to drive my parents and the neighbours crazy!

I'm just hoping None of those blocks sell!!!
I can't imagine the bushland I grew with with houses and no access to bike tracks.

pezz

Likes Bikes

And I visited my jumps.

Some riders are dumbing them down, and I'm not too happy about it!

They're wasting the soil which was not particularly easy to cart up hill, and digging a large coffin hole for extra soil instead of digging it from the bank.
If anyone knows who is responsible could you please ask them to have a word with me.
I have been up there few times recently and I removed the whole wall ride.
Going up tonight hopefully to build a new line next to it
Should be lots better. And I'll start giving the whole track a clean up it really needs it.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have been up there few times recently and I removed the whole wall ride.
Going up tonight hopefully to build a new line next to it
Should be lots better. And I'll start giving the whole track a clean up it really needs it.
yeah should hopefully get back out there in the next few days! been ages since i have been out there.
about time i hopped back on and helped out with track work again.

Holf

Likes Bikes
was there the other day with a mate for the 1st time, on my new DH, track is pretty cool, not used to pushing back up hills thou haha. would be keen to help build/ride with others there etc.

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Jakes built the new gap to replace the wallride
has anyone been out there to hit it yet?
Was out there today and hit the new gap where the wall ride was - good times. Pretty easy to land pretty far down so don't go in there too fast.

The track was in good condition, seems to have held up to the rain pretty well. Is anyone hitting the road gap? The take-off doesn't seem to have much kick, looks like you'd almost have to bunny hop a bit.

Any plans for a working bee? Happy to come out and lend a hand some time. Track definitely has potential.

pezz

Likes Bikes
Was out there today and hit the new gap where the wall ride was - good times. Pretty easy to land pretty far down so don't go in there too fast.

The track was in good condition, seems to have held up to the rain pretty well. Is anyone hitting the road gap? The take-off doesn't seem to have much kick, looks like you'd almost have to bunny hop a bit.

Any plans for a working bee? Happy to come out and lend a hand some time. Track definitely has potential.

always keen on a hand working up there mate, well have to sort out a weekend to do some digging.
and yeah lots of us who ride up there hit the road gap the take off is fine dont need to bunny hop at all just some speed.

track has potential would be awesome to get some new lines maby even a new track to.

i see you liked my new drop its pretty fun but i am thinking of moving it back abit so we have less chance of over jumping it
then it would be sweet

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
always keen on a hand working up there mate, well have to sort out a weekend to do some digging.
and yeah lots of us who ride up there hit the road gap the take off is fine dont need to bunny hop at all just some speed.

track has potential would be awesome to get some new lines maby even a new track to.

i see you liked my new drop its pretty fun but i am thinking of moving it back abit so we have less chance of over jumping it
then it would be sweet

Cool as. Yeah, let us know when you want to have a dig, and I'll come out and lend a hand.

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does the track still go pacts the rolled car just after the road? Just seeing if it's still the same track route we used to ride ages ago.

a-line

Likes Dirt
Does the track still go pacts the rolled car just after the road? Just seeing if it's still the same track route we used to ride ages ago.
No. Completely different track. The original track with the "Purple G" roadgap was demolished around early 2004 when the land was cleared to be sold off for houses. Wire fences were then put up along the high side side of the bottom road. At the time we came to an agreement with the owner that we could continue to build & ride, as long as we weren't riding motorbikes. The place was then cleaned up with the old cars removed & gates with "radiator spikes" to deter the local goons. Was funny for the first few months finding cars stuck on the gate haha.

We then went across the creek and built a few things on the G***********n Rd side, but as that had been sold to the council, it was then made into a nature park which was patrolled highly by a bird watching group. The newer track/s are up the other end of the land. Not much has changed there the last 10 years, all the old 4wd tracks are still visable

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha Purple G, I forgot that name, remember when Josh and I found it lol.

Will have to head up there to check out the new shit and do some runs of CH10 as well I reckon.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have been pretty slack in going out there recently, with year 12 and stuff. But I shall be out there sometime soon to have a ride and see what needs doing with a shovel!