The QUICK question thread.....

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Its to hang them on a nail on your shed after taking them off in favour of shimanos.
It's to tie the other end of the anchor rope to, so they actually stop you.

Tie an old Orange frame to the other end, for best effect.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

safreek

My guess is a mount for sram shifters.
Matchmaker clamp
Needs other bits though.
cheers stirk and boom, seems easier to whack them on the bars, but I'm old so what would I know
It's to tie the other end of the anchor rope to, so they actually stop you.

Tie an old Orange frame to the other end, for best effect.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt
cant be worse than the avids, at least they go on/off

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
What can I positively achieve in a way that doesn't wreck the planet with a now redundant long cage Zee rear derailleur that has a busted clutch?

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When my bike sits outside in the sun for a while (like maybe half hour on a 30odd degree day) the front brake doesn't work.
Avid juicy 3, bike is a couple of years old not ridden a heap. Rear brake works fine.

Issue is that when I jump back on the bike (say I've been in a shop or something) the lever goes all "floppy" no pressure. Eventually it goes back to normal.

I'm just wondering is it something to do with the heat and the fact the front brake hose is short, (well obviously it is) do you think new fluid and a bleed would fix the issue?

Although I guess I'd probably rather just upgrade the brakes eventually.

moorey

call me Mia
Long in terms of Zee, you pedant!

As for cheap clutch replacement...do tell.
There's only one zee cage length....short...unless you mean wide range...still short.....
The clutch part that brakes occasionally is only a couple of bucks. Try your lbs. I've replaced a few.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
There's only one zee cage length....short...unless you mean wide range...still short.....
The clutch part that brakes occasionally is only a couple of bucks. Try your lbs. I've replaced a few.
There you go. Wide range. Still short. Did not know. Both lbs are more fuckwit than I in this regard. Therefore not an option.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
When my bike sits outside in the sun for a while (like maybe half hour on a 30odd degree day) the front brake doesn't work.
Avid juicy 3, bike is a couple of years old not ridden a heap. Rear brake works fine.

Issue is that when I jump back on the bike (say I've been in a shop or something) the lever goes all "floppy" no pressure. Eventually it goes back to normal.

I'm just wondering is it something to do with the heat and the fact the front brake hose is short, (well obviously it is) do you think new fluid and a bleed would fix the issue?

Although I guess I'd probably rather just upgrade the brakes eventually.
I have experienced this with Hayes and avid brakes. A bleed may help, but it probably won't. There could be a broken bit or seal etc and you'll get no love. If you have some spare cash and upgrade is always nice...juicey 3s are not a brake i would spend any money on.

Avid are known for their sudden siezing up.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Is twenty Euros for shipping considered nitpicking?

The replacement XT unit was $65 but throwing out an otherwise functional derailleur for the failure of a €2 part seems...unclean.
Donate it...someone will use it. Does it still perform shifting duties without the clutch?

moorey

call me Mia
Is twenty Euros for shipping considered nitpicking?

The replacement XT unit was $65 but throwing out an otherwise functional derailleur for the failure of a €2 part seems...unclean.
Ask your fucking LBS...or get a mate to ask theirs and have them post it. Or throw it out.

moorey

call me Mia
Or just paint a horse, so it looks like a cow on film.

Send me your fugging address. I'll send you one :yawn: