The QUICK question thread.....

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Some drain cleaners are acid or enzyme based, believe you need the caustic soda/NaOH ones specifically to dissolve the anodising.

But yeah as above given you want a polished finish in the end you may as well just sand it from the start.

moorey

call me Mia
Warning...my mate did this for the anno on some cranks. It also fucked the spindle. Won’t ruin threads or clamp surface?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
My bell sixer helmet has a go pro mount thingy.
I bought a matching gopro mount for my exposure light.

Neither of them seemed to come with a 'screw' or pin that holds one to the other.

Do I need to buy something like this, or are there specific ones for purpose?

https://www.camgo.com.au/store/p10/...kfx9MfpBXrIYKBKMTREPWAwASoMSAINQaAt4oEALw_wcB
Looks right to me. I don't think they are specific to exposure. I just found a allen key head bolt for mine in my toolbox

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Ta. Might do that but I guess it would be nice to be able adjust the angle without a tool.
I have a couple of those horrible alloy aftermarket gopro mounts. I can't get those style bolts you linked to, done up tight enough for my bar light to stop the light dropping when it gets rough. But for a lighter helmet light I find them fine

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Are all threaded shimano BBs compatible with each other?

Specifically looking to use a BBR60 (Ultegra) or BB-MT800 (deore) for grx cranks. The GRX has some sort of weird offset spacing so not sure. They are all the same yes?

moorey

call me Mia

Specifically looking to use a BBR60 (Ultegra) or BB-MT800 (deore) for grx cranks. The GRX has some sort of weird offset spacing so not sure. They are all the same yes?
Doesn’t it only cater 68-70, not 73 like mtb bb’s. Would this be an issue with 73mm shell or if needing to tweak spacing?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't

i want to say yes but grx might be different, on a side note a gravel guy has brand new grx, is getting chainline problems from his 135mm gravel frame, i presume grx is boost. surely the included spacer(s) will get your bb where it needs to go - FOUND IT shimano website it lists ultegra bbr-60 as compatible, as well as tiagra rs500

oops love this, small ball bearings to keep working low - yes that’s where you want it save weight, the part doing all the work..& 50% less friction -liars

Last edited:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
i want to say yes but grx might be different, on a side note a gravel guy has brand new grx, is getting chainline problems from his 135mm gravel frame, i presume grx is boost.
GRX is technically a road groupset so designed to fit qr135/142x12 spacing. I look at the numbers and am not surprised you mate has chainline issues. I was originally looking at 1x11 and then remembered what a dog my current mtb 1x setups are and how they destroy chains. A 1x11 grx puts the chainring even further outboard (by 2.5mm or so) which is only going to make things worse. Nope, nope, going 2x on this one.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
. A 1x11 grx puts the chainring even further outboard (by 2.5mm or so) which is only going to make things worse. Nope, nope, going 2x on this one.
yep looked at that, the chainring is already on the inside of th cranks too guy can’t back peda at all either or chainwants to drop

Calvin27

Eats Squid
yep looked at that, the chainring is already on the inside of th cranks too guy can’t back peda at all either or chainwants to drop
I know a lot of roadies that are new to 1x and love it. They haven't experienced what we mtbrs have. I mean on a mtb it's not so bad, dirt kills your drive train anyway and half the time you are coasting downhill.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange

No. Road & MTB have different housing widths because the final assembled width is 6mm wider for MTB.