The QUICK question thread.....

link1896

Mr Greenfield
If the shoulder is the same dia as the bolt thread then any allen key headed bolt will do (typically grade 12.9) if the shoulder is larger dia than proprietary is the better option to getting a sleeve made though link might assist.

Can you dig out a drg off the abominable site and check?
Yep, the workshops up and running.

Can make custom bolts or spacers for people stuck in a tight spot.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
XX1 Eagle Crankset for girlfriends Enduro bike?

Heya team,
So, building up a new Enduro bike for the missus, I had some descendant carbon cranks on order but there was a delay and I picked up some XX1 Eagle cranks as back up in the (unlikely) case Descendants fell through.
So I know SRAM say the XX1 cranks are more for XC, but would they be ok for a light girl not doing any massive hucks/sends? I assume so, but wanted to run it past the collective knowledge that is RB. I'm trying to keep the weight of the build down as its already a fairly chunky frame and I'm guessing about a 100g difference.
Should have a build thread up later in the week :)

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Isn't the main difference that the XX1 came as part of groupo only, and the descendant separate? With a couple of extra grams, but essentially the same crank? I could be wrong, just what I thought I read. Sorry about the delay on the descendants....glad they arrived at least.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey, no worries, the delay had nothing to do with you and all worked out in the end :)

I think the main difference between the XX1 and the X01 is the X01 have foam inside the arms where as the XX1 is hollow, but I’m not sure on the descendants, I’m guessing they are similar to the X01.

moorey

call me Mia
Hey, no worries, the delay had nothing to do with you and all worked out in the end :)

I think the main difference between the XX1 and the X01 is the X01 have foam inside the arms where as the XX1 is hollow, but I’m not sure on the descendants, I’m guessing they are similar to the X01.

Yeah, maybe. I'm definitely not the one to say anything, given my #nevercarbon stance over bars and cranks :p

bear the bear

Is a real bear
XX1 Eagle Crankset for girlfriends Enduro bike?

Heya team,
So, building up a new Enduro bike for the missus, I had some descendant carbon cranks on order but there was a delay and I picked up some XX1 Eagle cranks as back up in the (unlikely) case Descendants fell through.
So I know SRAM say the XX1 cranks are more for XC, but would they be ok for a light girl not doing any massive hucks/sends? I assume so, but wanted to run it past the collective knowledge that is RB. I'm trying to keep the weight of the build down as its already a fairly chunky frame and I'm guessing about a 100g difference.
Should have a build thread up later in the week :)

View attachment 366379View attachment 366378
XX1 cranks are a ‘Tuned’ carbon construction (extra lightweight and stiff) with an SL chainring.
Descendant cranks are regular carbon construction aimed at enduro with a cold-forged alloy chainring

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well she is dating me so she definitely has bad judgement, with that in mind better give her the stronger cranks incase that mad judgement includes coming up short on a jump at some point.

moorey

call me Mia
A work colleague posted this.

She’s got a penchant for posting shit without ever checking if true....so I googled the headline.

I got a flashing government warning that child pron is illegal and I could be tracked for downloading or viewing....
At least that’s all I read before closing it in a panic.

Am I too pretty for jail?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A work colleague posted this.

View attachment 366394

She’s got a penchant for posting shit without ever checking if true....so I googled the headline.

I got a flashing government warning that child pron is illegal and I could be tracked for downloading or viewing....
At least that’s all I read before closing it in a panic.

Am I too pretty for jail?
Well you know they won't be able to grab you by the hair...but you will probably need to wear the se sort of rain coat Mr Kelly wears when he goes to the exercise yard.