The QUICK question thread.....

moorey

call me Mia
Anyone doing a BikeInn or Merlin order soon? After a couple of small parts that are worth less than the shipping cost.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With my crappy riding style, am I going to be able to tell the difference between a Fox (Factory 36/Factory X2) and DVO (Onyx D1/Topaz T3)? And does being a heavy rider favor 1 over the other?
DVO setup is $1k cheaper and the rest of the specs appear the same

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
With my crappy riding style, am I going to be able to tell the difference between a Fox (Factory 36/Factory X2) and DVO (Onyx D1/Topaz T3)? And does being a heavy rider favor 1 over the other?
Yes. The Fox setup is likely to be much firmer, the DVO setup will be plusher.

Both will handle the weight fine but Onyx is less likely to suffer from csu creak.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve not ridden Fox in many years but my last foray (RP23 with avalanche tune) left me unimpressed compared to the Monarch plus that replaced it when on my Yeti.
Moved to Banshee with Monarch Plus and found it wooden. Topaz made the frame come alive. Running a Diamond up front and it’s awesome too. Both have much better mid support and initial suppleness than previous gear.
I’m a large unit and they handle my 3 digit weight really well.
Fox may have upped their game but I doubt it would be worth $1k difference unless you were an elite rider.

Minlak

custom titis
I have a Fox 34 on my Ripley and a DVO diamond on my Torrent (Hardtail) - The DVO is so much plusher and soaks up small bumps much nicer - I’m happy with the Fox though too just notice the DVO difference.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers all! Having been left less than impressed with my last X2 it seems like a no brainer, and can send the $1k on other upgrades as required

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I have a Fox 34 on my Ripley and a DVO diamond on my Torrent (Hardtail) - The DVO is so much plusher and soaks up small bumps much nicer - I’m happy with the Fox though too just notice the DVO difference.
Tell you what, the 34 is super with the DSD Runt I bought off (someone) here recently. Such a massive difference in small bump compliance still with mid stroke support. Really tuneable too.

Minlak

custom titis
Tell you what, the 34 is super with the DSD Runt I bought off (someone) here recently. Such a massive difference in small bump compliance still with mid stroke support. Really tuneable too.
Yeah I don’t hate my 34’s and feel no desire to swap them for anything - I think they are quite supple and tuneable - just think the DVO feels plusher :)

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Xmas pressie for the kids (10 & 8).

XBOX or Playstation 4 Slim?

Thinking a preloved unit from EB Games as I'm not sure they'll be all that into it when the novelty wears off.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Xmas pressie for the kids (10 & 8).

XBOX or Playstation 4 Slim?

Thinking a preloved unit from EB Games as I'm not sure they'll be all that into it when the novelty wears off.
Agree with Oddjob, Nintendo is much more fun for kiddos. It's not just about the abundance of cutesey characters, there tends to be a lot more games that are just easier to get started with.

If it came down to Xbox vs Playstation, I'd go Xbox. Some titles can be purchased once for both the PC and Xbox (I bought Forza horizon and can play it on my PC, then continue it later on the Xbox)

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk