The QUICK question thread.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So...I'm up for some fresh seals on my Marzocchi 55cr forks. Last time the shop threw some enduro seals on as Marzocchi originals are no longer available. But I hear a lot of hate for the enduro seals...does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative option please?

...and ill also be servicing some Marzocchi 66 forks as well.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
So...I'm up for some fresh seals on my Marzocchi 55cr forks. Last time the shop threw some enduro seals on as Marzocchi originals are no longer available. But I hear a lot of hate for the enduro seals...does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative option please?

Not sure but Cyclinic are Marz dealers (now that they are a Fox brand) so it’d be worth giving them a call I reckon

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

Geez Poods. The joy of finding fresh rubber seals for older forks.

This might not be your problem now but I have noticed 28mm seals on AliExpress that might fit the older Marzocchi MX and Z Fly series. There will be other sizes out there too.
I never trusted those blue enduro seals as dust inevitably gets stuck under them and turns to an oily paste that abrades everything.

Could you pop on some Fox or RS seals? Most of the seals I seen look 'pretty' similar. An open oil bath and foam ringed seal would have to work pretty well regardless who makes it.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Im going to ask this again, are fork seals universal by size, will a 35mm Boxxer seal fit a Formula 35 for example?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Im going to ask this again, are fork seals universal by size, will a 35mm Boxxer seal fit a Formula 35 for example?
I have wondered the same. I guess as long as the seal height fits into the fork cleanly without creating any wierd overhang.....

Not sure, but seems like it shouldn't be that impossible.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Innteck, the SKF master distributor, their catalog doesn’t list Formula. A lot of seals are cross compatible between the other brands.

Pop them an email and ask.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Quick question: Do you wash or clean your crash helmet pads at all?

I've been resting my crash helmet in front of a fan and that seems to dry them out ok but should I wash them from time to time?

Flow-Rider

Burner

I've been resting my crash helmet in front of a fan and that seems to dry them out ok but should I wash them from time to time?
I just give the helmet a quick hose out when ever I wash the bike, maybe more frequently needed in a high humidity area.

creaky

XMAS Plumper

Hose it out then press/squeeze the pads with a towel, to speed up the drying time.

moorey

call me Mia
You sweaty fucks up north should wash mid ride. Remove them and put in your wife’s delicates bag on a cool gently wash. Salt will deteriorate them pretty quickly.