The QUICK question thread.....

Scotty675

Cable thief
Can someone measure the thickness of a formula rotor for me?
Ive ordered some cura 4s but they are out of rotors so looking to run some swiss stop catalyst rotors.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Can someone measure the thickness of a formula rotor for me?
Ive ordered some cura 4s but they are out of rotors so looking to run some swiss stop catalyst rotors.
What size (diameter) rotors are you after, pretty sure I still have some of the thicker (newer) Formula rotors at home that only saw very light use...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I always though they were thicker for some reason (like 2.0mm+)...

I just went and measured the ones I have and they're all 1.9mm

The Hope floating rotors are 1.8mm

My conclusion: the Formula "Monolithic" rotors must be made out of some magical non-bendy material then - because all my Hope rotors have always slightly warped after each ride (I run my brake pads really close, so any warpage is quickly evident), but the Formula ones always ran dead straight.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I always though they were thicker for some reason (like 2.0mm+)...

I just went and measured the ones I have and they're all 1.9mm

The Hope floating rotors are 1.8mm

My conclusion: the Formula "Monolithic" rotors must be made out of some magical non-bendy material then - because all my Hope rotors have always slightly warped after each ride (I run my brake pads really close, so any warpage is quickly evident), but the Formula ones always ran dead straight.
Are the hopes floating?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yep, probably 6 or seven different rotors. They've all done it. They don't warp horribly and you don't feel anything when braking, you just hear the faint brake rub.
Just floating rotor things. Shimano floating jobbies don’t warp much because they aren’t “proper” floating rotors. The pins are too tight.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
My conclusion: the Formula "Monolithic" rotors must be made out of some magical non-bendy material then
I hope so because the rotors I have at the moment are annoying! I still haven't put yours on yet.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
How are Bike Shops not rolling in money? - I swear every bike listed for Sale in the country uses either
  1. Just serviced
  2. Regularly Serviced
And WTF do people call a service? I lubed the chain?
Writing these down for when I sell my next bike

Minlak

custom titis
I don’t have bookface so can’t see the add. I wouldn’t if you want to go 12 speed though.
They are old and had tonnes of use - but price was reflective of that - I don’t see an advantage to the cranks other than buying them because you want them - always a valid reason in my books :)