The QUICK question thread.....

Minlak

custom titis
I'm staying focused on the wheels (and not eating so much fucking food).
You can eat tonnes of food - just has to be the right food - starving yourself doesn't equate to better - you still need energy to ride and stuff - just eat clean and you can eat lots

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I meant stop eating so much fucking shit food. That said I've cut bread down to weekends only, no fizzy drinks, no takeaway either unless it's a special occasion. I'm back to 103.5kg which is 1kg above my lowest weight last year!

Minlak

custom titis
I meant stop eating so much fucking shit food. That said I've cut bread down to weekends only, no fizzy drinks, no takeaway either unless it's a special occasion. I'm back to 103.5kg which is 1kg above my lowest weight last year!
I assumed you weighed yourself naked after your morning shit / piss and shave? - That's the way to do it

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
You can eat tonnes of food - just has to be the right food - starving yourself doesn't equate to better - you still need energy to ride and stuff - just eat clean and you can eat lots
Lol. Says the hostess twinkie king

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
But think of the carbs! You needs those too! It's a bastard to get the right balance.

FWIW while I'm not losing that battle, I'm not exactly winning it either :rolleyes:

Minlak

custom titis
Have some new hope wheels here - they come with tape in the box - 1 or 2 layers of tape should be used on the wheel ? ? - I did 1 and it seems enough but sitting here now thinking I should have done 2 - looks similar to stans tape

Last edited:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Have some new hope wheels here - they come with tape in the box - 1 or 2 layers of tape should be used on the wheel ? ? - I did 1 and it seems enough but sitting here now thinking I should have done 2 - looks similar to stans tape
I'd say it largely depends on the respective widths of rim & tape. If the tape is wide enough to reach all the way across the rim, one pass is enough. If not, do two laps, one against each sidewall. Popping the tape at the valve holes isn't the potential problem, it's the tape squirming & lifting which could expose the holes & leak. If the edges of the tape are pinned down by the tyre beads, you're sweet. I've run single-layer Bear tape for years, never a hint of a leak. :)

Minlak

custom titis
I'd say it largely depends on the respective widths of rim & tape. If the tape is wide enough to reach all the way across the rim, one pass is enough. If not, do two laps, one against each sidewall. Popping the tape at the valve holes isn't the potential problem, it's the tape squirming & lifting which could expose the holes & leak. If the edges of the tape are pinned down by the tyre beads, you're sweet. I've run single-layer Bear tape for years, never a hint of a leak. :)
Thanks @The Duckmeister - it’s the 30mm tape for the 30mm rim - 1 run looked good but just started thinking after - it doesn’t stick 100% but I mounted tyre and pumped up to keep pressure on see how it is in the morning :)

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
No, unsprung weight is higher. Flip it around so the small tubey bit (technical term) is pointing back the way you came. Probably doesnt really matter but that wont fit like that. Piggy backs can be awkward on some frames. Upside down, inside out, just make it fit.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Wot he said!

Your body needs to get nutrients from somewhere to build muscle to make you faster.
And the most wonderful machine called the human body, efficiently stores that energy when you fuel for riding but dont ride.... that's where I am at the moment, about 12kg in the hole :p

Trying to get out, 7 days into dry February, 21 to go.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Where have people got wheel builds done in Sydney recently?

Anyone local able to do Hope hubs (somewhat close to UK store prices), or should I buy online and get them to lace up some rims?

Minlak

custom titis
Where have people got wheel builds done in Sydney recently?

Anyone local able to do Hope hubs (somewhat close to UK store prices), or should I buy online and get them to lace up some rims?
Recently ddi the whole wheel thing - Unless you want a specific rim buy the Hope Fortus from Wiggle or Chain Reaction