The QUICK question thread.....

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Does anyone own a separate pump cannister like an Airshot?

I'm thinking it's worth investing in one to reseat tyres quickly. Specialized seems to not sell their in Australia anymore so it's between the Airshot and the Giant Control Tank. Any others I'm missing?

Litenbror

Eats Squid

I'm thinking it's worth investing in one to reseat tyres quickly. Specialized seems to not sell their in Australia anymore so it's between the Airshot and the Giant Control Tank. Any others I'm missing?

Jesus for that price just buy a compressor.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Had one of these for years, and it has never failed to seat a tubeless tyre. I'm sure COVID prices have struck though, I remember it cost more like $80 back in the day. I don't believe the pressure gauge on it, but aside from that I've had my money's worth.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Had one of these for years, and it has never failed to seat a tubeless tyre. I'm sure COVID prices have struck though, I remember it cost more like $80 back in the day. I don't believe the pressure gauge on it, but aside from that I've had my money's worth.
Second one of these, I have the same thing just from CRC. Had trouble seating some tyres on rims with dings etc but if you remove the valve core and use soapy water they seat. That being said get a compressor almost the same price and better in every way.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I've got an Airshot - its pretty good at its job. Expensive for what it is though, but then so are tyres.

HamboCairns

Cycling Deal are getting a lot of my money at the moment!

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
There's a cheaper brand around that makes one of those airshot things that looks almost the same as the Specialized for a reasonable price, I can't remember the brand though. @moorey has one I think.

HamboCairns

There's a cheaper brand around that makes one of those airshot things that looks almost the same as the Specialized for a reasonable price, I can't remember the brand though. @moorey has one I think.
Don't you have a Specialized one? They're not listed on the Specialized website any more..

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, got 2, one is an exact knock off re-branded. Something like $90 v $140. I'm not in the shed right now to check. Not as good as a compressor, but gets most tyres to inflate. Tricky DH tyres need a strap around them usually though.

moorey

call me Mia

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Fire extinguishers are cheap... Add a schrader valve and hey presta!
Hadn't seen the fire extinguisher versions before, that's awesome. Might have to make one.

My current tubeless seating technique is "pump really f*cking fast" on the track pump. Hasn't failed me yet but I just about passed out from exhaustion getting a 29x2.5 Assegai to inflate the other week :p

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

Cycling Deal are getting a lot of my money at the moment!
Then just do this....

Works every time.

moorey

call me Mia
Hadn't seen the fire extinguisher versions before, that's awesome. Might have to make one.

My current tubeless seating technique is "pump really f*cking fast" on the track pump. Hasn't failed me yet but I just about passed out from exhaustion getting a 29x2.5 Assegai to inflate the other week :p
I've had non TR maxxis minion wire bead DH casing tyres that not even shops have been able to get to bead for me when stuck at a race away from my tools. Everything else, the airtank has worked a treat for.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Might have to make one.
You just need to find one that has a screw in pressure gauge. Usually these are the same threading as the threaded metal schrader valves.
Then you'll likely need to drill out a slightly smaller hole from the gauge into the tank side of the head. Just don't drill through to the outlet side of the head or you've fuct it (ask me how I know). Alternatively, find an air/water extinguisher. These already have a valve. No need to fart around with drills.

HamboCairns

I think I'll go with the 'Air Tank' one, I can take with me on weekends so I can get going again if I need to fix anything!

I should take a photo of all the extra shit I've bought in addition to the bike purchase!