The QUICK question thread.....

Mattyp

Cows go boing
So it seems the smashed bearing is a little uncommon...

Qty. (6) - 6001 LLU MAX Enduro Bearing

Qty. (2) - 6900 LLU MAX Enduro bearing

Qty. (2) - F6900 LLU MAX Enduro bearing

Can't find a banshee V3 bearing kit anywhere in Australia and the problem seems to be the two flanged bearing for the trunnion mount. Looks average but would the bearing below do the job?

Yup.. LLU is just a different seal. Bearing fitment is the same.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Seal them in with silicone around the pads and lictite on the pistons.
Hmmm. I’m sure you jest. However the pistons do have a hole in the middle. I wonder if a small dab of silicone inside that sticks out a mm would prevent the pads from rattling as much. Although I tend to think it’s a back and forth rattle. So might also see how much space there is end on end to add some mastic tape (if the spreader stretch fails me).

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Hmmm. I’m sure you jest. However the pistons do have a hole in the middle. I wonder if a small dab of silicone inside that sticks out a mm would prevent the pads from rattling as much. Although I tend to think it’s a back and forth rattle. So might also see how much space there is end on end to add some mastic tape (if the spreader stretch fails me).
If you know a mechanic try a dab of pad antisqueal.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
How do I reduce the file size of digital photos?

I've got a bunch to email some one, taken from my phone, but they'll end up being a couple of gig if I keep them as they are. Google tells me I can do it in Paint, but the steps that it spelled out don't seem valid for the PAint that I'm running. I'm also not keen to run them through a third party website if I don't have to, Is there another way? @Tubbsy this seems like something that might be up your alley.

Flow-Rider

Burner
How do I reduce the file size of digital photos?

I've got a bunch to email some one, taken from my phone, but they'll end up being a couple of gig if I keep them as they are. Google tells me I can do it in Paint, but the steps that it spelled out don't seem valid for the PAint that I'm running. I'm also not keen to run them through a third party website if I don't have to, Is there another way? @Tubbsy this seems like something that might be up your alley.
Drag and drop the pic in first, click on resize, change the 100 to what ever percentage you want and click OK, then save it. Some paint editions vary but they should be very similar.

1693823641015.png

Last edited:

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
@Tubbsy this seems like something that might be up your alley.
Can't remember if you have an iPhone, but one easy way is to email it to yourself. It'll ask if you want to reduce the file size because of how big the file is. If you're not on an iPhone this may still work but I don't know how exactly.

If the issue is more about the dimensions, then some sort of app for your phone should be available. A quick google suggests there are a bunch of apps that just resize photos.

I use Photoshop for anything I'm vaguely serious about but you won't want to shell out for that.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Can't remember if you have an iPhone, but one easy way is to email it to yourself. It'll ask if you want to reduce the file size because of how big the file is. If you're not on an iPhone this may still work but I don't know how exactly.

If the issue is more about the dimensions, then some sort of app for your phone should be available. A quick google suggests there are a bunch of apps that just resize photos.

I use Photoshop for anything I'm vaguely serious about but you won't want to shell out for that.
Yes, I am emailing them to myself, using the Proton app, which does not give me that option. Nothing in camera settings either.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Doesn't bring up another window somewhere in the background or on another screen for you to enter a filename?
Maybe toggle between pixels and pecentage at the top it may wake it up.
Seems it's freaking my computer out. I let it sit for a while after hitting save - like 5 mins - and the explorer window was finally there. But it's having trouble saving it. > reboot and try again....