The QUICK question thread.....

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
That'll do me fine. Hope it pops up somewhere soon. I've no doubt seen worse.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Morals from a sitcom is always a good thing. Having the local constabulary with names like Rosco and Enos sure didn't help either. It was a cool series that didn't take itself too seriously.

I haven't seen the cinema remake vut but I bet a bag of dicks that it is pitifully terrible and best watched while asleep or under sedation.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
It wasn't great.

Sent from my brain using my hands

Terminal

Likes Bikes
What would you do Rotorburn?

I'm upgrading my wheelset and I'm fairly set on a Stans/Hope combo. I currently run a 2.35 Magic Mary front with a 2.25 Hans Dampf rear, and I really dig that combo.

Should I:
a) Go an Arch mk3 rim/Pro4 hub and continue to run my favourite tyre combo
b)Go the Flow mk3 rim/Pro4 hub and stretch the 2.25 rear to fit the 29mm ID Flow
c)Stop being so set on my preferred tyres and get a minimum 2.35 as recommended for the above Flow rims

To put the above in context:
-about 100kg loaded
-AM/enduro riding
-a bit of a spud

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say

I'm upgrading my wheelset and I'm fairly set on a Stans/Hope combo. I currently run a 2.35 Magic Mary front with a 2.25 Hans Dampf rear, and I really dig that combo.

Should I:
b)Go the Flow mk3 rim/Pro4 hub and stretch the 2.25 rear to fit the 29mm ID Flow
c)Stop being so set on my preferred tyres and get a minimum 2.35 as recommended for the above Flow rims

-about 100kg loaded
-AM/enduro riding
-a bit of a spud
Flow. Or better still something from Spank in much the same width. And stop being so precious about tyres and just fucking will yourself down the hill by sheer compulsion magic.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I wouldn't buy Stan's rims, especially after reading your personal description. My experience with has been limited but they seem to be made of cheese.
Which model rim was it ? I've also heard some of them can be soft but I've had no probs with Flow M3. The rims looked a bit flimsy when i built them up but surprisingly held together ok.

moorey

call me Mia
Flow. Or better still something from Spank in much the same width. And stop being so precious about tyres and just fucking will yourself down the hill by sheer compulsion magic.
You're on the money for once.
I wouldn't buy Stan's rims, especially after reading your personal description. My experience with has been limited but they seem to be made of cheese.
You're full of shit as usual.

Terminal

Likes Bikes
Sweet, thanks for the replies. I've read some reports of Stans rims being a bit soft too, but they appear to be all of the old EX model rather than the mk3.

I'll have a look at Spank and DT Swiss too to see if there's anything that tickles my fancy. Otherwise I promise to put a "poodle was right" post in the fuckwits thread if I go ahead and destroy a new Flow rim.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sweet, thanks for the replies. I've read some reports of Stans rims being a bit soft too, but they appear to be all of the old EX model rather than the mk3.

I'll have a look at Spank and DT Swiss too to see if there's anything that tickles my fancy. Otherwise I promise to put a "poodle was right" post in the fuckwits thread if I go ahead and destroy a new Flow rim.
Mavic too. Though I've not had great luck with them.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Flow ex in 26 and 27.5. Both riders are not heavy fellow, but dish out a hurting.
Some of the old style light weight models weren't the best from what I had seen but I've never ridden on a flow ex. I'm running a little more heavier gauged spokes to what I normally do on rims, they seem to be holding up on a dirt jumper not that I've had any real bad landings so far but I do run a lot higher tyre pressures on that bike.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar

Should I:

-about 100kg loaded
-AM/enduro riding
-a bit of a spud
I'm nudging 100 kilos fully kitted.
I crash sometimes. My local stuff is rocky & fast.

I run Maxxis EXO and Spank wheels.
F@cking bomb proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

safreek

looking for the serial number on my boxxer, have checked all around the bottom crown for a number, is there some trick to finding the serial ?
need to know as I need new seals, or will any seal from a boxer fit ? I am assuming it from around 2010. sorry for the 2 questions, is that ok ? sorry 3 questions