The QUICK question thread.....

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Funny you say that. I have a spare 10 speed shimano xt (786 SGS) RD and a x7 type 2. Tinking of selling one of them and other one onto the bike (old one is bent). Of the two which is more likely to be happy with a 40t cassette with minimal mods like goatlinks and new b screws?

Or honest question, should I just scrap the lot and go for the box 9 speed?
Not sure about the X7, but the XT will do 40T with no mods, just crank the B in.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Hi guys, going to hit the Toowoomba range road at xmas, last time I got the astrix up to 80kms top speed downhill, any idea what size front ring I will need to crack 100kmh definately. Cheers for any info.
I am guessing I have an 11 tooth on the rear but will check when I get home.
Hopefully not a stupid question
You won't hit by pedalling (you can't on a road bike).
It's about how steep the road is, the aero of the rider (and also tire drag if on a MTB)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Hi guys, going to hit the Toowoomba range road at xmas, last time I got the astrix up to 80kms top speed downhill, any idea what size front ring I will need to crack 100kmh definately. Cheers for any info.
If you are using 26" x 2.35 tyres and top cog on the cassette is 11t and you can sustain a cadence of 120 you need a 72 tooth chainring. And someone to call triple zero. Down to 66 for a 29er.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
What gear ratio and tyre/wheel size are you currently on?