The riding thread.

zanecaldera

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Zane, keen for a ride?
hey damo,
holy shit! they look sick!!!
I think i'd be keen
Can anyone help me out with flairs? I have backflips down pat, but I want to know how the best way to learn them is? Did anyone use a pit to learn them? Or just try straight on a ramp. Any tips on how and when to rotate?
I just tried straight to a ramp
And pretty much just watch that Scotty Cranmer how to video
I got it third try, but the crashes were hardly bad, i just slid out

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
its about 31ish here, and is supposed to be raining this afternoon, i have the worst of both worlds :(

but i might go for a ride soon

@leitch. if you still have your bike come for a spin at jindalee this arvo

Last edited:

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
just put a chain on. its to loose. and i dont have the tools to fix it at the moment. and my laptop charger is broken again. 2times in as many months.

i might just skate down to the park today. but thatd be a waste of time. :mad:

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was moments away from buying some Plegs last night from strictly but after a bit of research read this -

"Note: Will not work with 14mm axle nuts that use a 19mm socket."

I use a 19mm socket on my back wheel. Is is possible to get a 14mm axle nut that fits a smaller diameter socket? Or is there anyway to get around this? Im super keen on plegs because they're cheap and my first pair of pegs so i highly doubt in all my sketchiness that i'll be shredding them apart.

Help? :eek:

Belle

Eats Squid
Get a set of metal pegs and you will be set !
you can buy 17mm nuts that will fit your rear hub and allow the socket to fit.

I just ordered a new rear hub,rims,spokes and a sprocket
pretty happy with all of this besides having to change gear ratio as its hard to come across an 11tooth coaster these days :(
how is 25-9 anyways?
I brought a new khe acb coaster for a pretty decent price so hopefully that lasts as long as my geisha has.

anyone need a black 30tooth tree original sprocket?

high tower

Likes Bikes
Sydney trip was great.
rode alot of spots, and met up with some great people.
Sydney really is an absolute mecca for street, I dont think the people of Sydney realise how good they have it when it comes to spots.
Went to Geelong on THursday and rode a secret secret drain spot. big 20minute trek in there and an even longer trek out due to the steep terrain.
The waterfront plaza gets better everytime i visit also.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Get a set of metal pegs and you will be set !
you can buy 17mm nuts that will fit your rear hub and allow the socket to fit.

I just ordered a new rear hub,rims,spokes and a sprocket
pretty happy with all of this besides having to change gear ratio as its hard to come across an 11tooth coaster these days :(
how is 25-9 anyways?
I brought a new khe acb coaster for a pretty decent price so hopefully that lasts as long as my geisha has.

anyone need a black 30tooth tree original sprocket?
Cheers. Just the plegs were on sale for $15 at strictly. Hmmm do you/anyone else happen to know what shipping costs of two pegs would approximately be from danscomp?

I assumed they'd tell me shipping cost after i registered but i got to the payment page and thought bugger this.

EDIT: Ok i found the 'shipping rates' table'. But i've got no idea which price applies to me?

Last edited:

high tower

Likes Bikes
Cheers. Just the plegs were on sale for $15 at strictly. Hmmm do you/anyone else happen to know what shipping costs of two pegs would approximately be from danscomp?

I assumed they'd tell me shipping cost after i registered but i got to the payment page and thought bugger this.

EDIT: Ok i found the 'shipping rates' table'. But i've got no idea which price applies to me?
Minimum shipping cost is usually $40US.

If all you want to buy is a set of pegs, buy locally.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Minimum shipping cost is usually $40US.

If all you want to buy is a set of pegs, buy locally.
Note taken. $40 is a little bit steep considering that will be more than my purchase price. Wellp off to ring some shops!

Thank you :)

Igofastdh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Note taken. $40 is a little bit steep considering that will be more than my purchase price. Wellp off to ring some shops!

Thank you :)
Just buy plegs from strictly.

I got some not long ago, and all i had to do was get some smaller wheel nuts because my socket wouldnt fit through the peg, so i got smaller nuts :)

Ya get me?

EDIT: that makes like no sense once re-reading it.

howie_two4

Likes Dirt
5 respect cards to whoever can name the most complete spec list of the bike ridden in the film clip for Jet - She's A Genius

bike-roy

Likes Dirt
5 respect cards to whoever can name the most complete spec list of the bike ridden in the film clip for Jet - She's A Genius
I can pick a few obvious parts but its going to be a guessing game of people throwing answers out for things like bars, forks,frame, grips and rims haha.

What i can make out are
cranks-power bites
pedals- clear pc's,
animal? rear tyre
primo dirt monster on the front?
the old animal sprocket
and a kmc sl chain

EDIT: front tyre maybe a duo?

EDIT:EDIT: seat a railed primo?

Last edited: