The Single Speed Thread

Tee Man

Likes Bikes
Another random question ...

Currently on non-SS specific frame with tensioner. I want (need) an SS specific frame.

Do I ...

a) Buy a Gary Fisher Rig 29er, with great frame fork combo but below par bits for say $2k (minus $500 from sale of current bike)

or

b) Buy 26" On One Scandal for say $600 with plenty money to spare for bling.

CP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nearly finito. Just waiting on the carbon seatpost, and will put my Gobi and foam grips on. Also going to use my Conti Town & Countrys instead of these Gators.

Weight as you see it is 8.5kg which I'm stoked with. With the above changes, I should see the same weight. Only disappointment for me is the red chainring not looking as good as I'd hoped due to the lighter red seat tube :(

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26795502@N06/4887430834/

Last edited:

MikeyD

Squid
2010 Australian Single Speed Nationals

Hey, only 25 days to go and entries are filling up fast. The pallet of Coopers is about to be delivered, there's lots of swag to be given away (three frames, a complete bike and still counting) and the trail fairies are secretly carving new trails through the undergrowth. So you'd better hurry up. Check out the main thread or the website>

www.ssnats.org.au

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
33:17 in 2008 on a 26er and it was a good mix for the climbs and the long flat descents, though I did lose the gearies on these downhill sections.
Didn't quite make last year due to a large roo C-Town side of Braidwood early Sunday morning.
Supporting the missus and the kids this time round.
If you wanna go fast 33:17 is the go!

33:17 in 2008 on a 26er and it was a good mix for the climbs and the long flat descents, though I did lose the gearies on these downhill sections.
Didn't quite make last year due to a large roo C-Town side of Braidwood early Sunday morning.
Bad luck with the roo!!

Am heading down to mogo this weekend to try out some gears. Atm have 33:16 and 33:18 and lots of beer as options...

Tee Man

Likes Bikes
WWJD!

(P.S. Thanks for not racing. That's one less position I don't have to write off. :). Is your Maladjusted apprentice racing?)

high_velocity

Cannon Fodder
Hey, only 25 days to go and entries are filling up fast. The pallet of Coopers is about to be delivered, there's lots of swag to be given away (three frames, a complete bike and still counting) and the trail fairies are secretly carving new trails through the undergrowth. So you'd better hurry up. Check out the main thread or the website>

www.ssnats.org.au
Just entered!!! So looking forward to this weekend of biking and everything in between that goes with it! A group of Melburn spinners are coming up with high hopes of making it memorable.
in the process at the moment of building up a On One Scandle 26er!
What ratios are people thinking of running?

CP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finished! I'll be using different tyres for the trails of course, but otherwise done. She weighs a healthy 8.4kg as you see her. I'm running 14:35 which initially felt too high on the first run around the yard, but once you get 2-3 good strokes complete, it just builds speed so fast and is great.

Attachments

Last edited: