The Snow Thread

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
they were just under $100 incl postage off ebuy. some pretty good bargains on there. try sierra as well. they are pretty damn comfy and should go with my helmet good

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Sawtell said:
its not a point of looking cool, there just a pain in the arse 99% of the time.
if your doing walk up laps in the park or something, its a hassle to have to sit down and undo that stupid clip.
No I agree it's pretty dumb rule although it's rarely enforced, although I advise total spuds to have one haha! What I should've said is "If you're worried about getting hassled." I keep mine in my pocket, for that reason.

Farkin love those goggles, I've got those bright as orange and blue Von Zippers from last season, huge huge goggles, love em.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
ive just got some smith phenoms for this season, white/blue with sensor mirror blue lens. as normal from sierra, payed like 45 aus for them.. compared to 200aus in shops here!!

should be alright teemed with my pink and black spy soldiers for the super bright days, which i wish still worked well, were my favorite Google of all time! but starting to fog up after the 3rd season of them!

i have one last purchase and then im done i need to buy a new set of gloves as mine are starting to wear around the thumbs from undoing bindings.

and when i order them, i doubt ill be able to resist another set of pants or something!

i plan on doing a few car sleeping sessions this year since ive got a season pass, and nothing worse then having to put on wet pants the next day!

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For all of you guys coming over here for the winter, it's set to be a great one. It's currently snowing a decent amount all over the place (was snowing down to 100m,at roughly 200m now), The Remarkables have close to half a metre just sitting there, likewise with Coronet.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
For all of you guys coming over here for the winter, it's set to be a great one. It's currently snowing a decent amount all over the place (was snowing down to 100m,at roughly 200m now), The Remarkables have close to half a metre just sitting there, likewise with Coronet.
Triple like. Coming over for 2 weeks mid-August. I'm guessing now that this isn't going to be enough time...

trt-reece

Likes Dirt
Be there by July. Very stoked to hear this news

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
bank transfer finally went through. pulled the trigger on my season pass this morning. back to canberra on monday, up to perisher on sunday. erection has reached maximum attack mode

dog boy

Likes Dirt
anyone else ever had heaps of trouble sticking a stomp pad on? ive had like 3 cracks at it so far and not all of the pad is sticking to th board.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Didn't have any trouble with mine, is the board completely clean?

I'm not sure if it'll damage your board (someone might want to clarify this, as I really don't know), but often a small amount of tea tree oil and some light scrubbing gets anything off the surface.

In other news, flood warning's were cancelled yesterday, some area's of Central Otago ended up getting close to 2m of snow - let's hope it keeps up!

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
possibly a dodgy stomp pad as all the ones i've ever had have gone on no worries. in fact, does anyone have any tips for getting one of the foam burton ones off? I just put new silver stud ones on my board but i wanna get rid of the shitty burton ones that came with my bindings

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
anyone else ever had heaps of trouble sticking a stomp pad on? ive had like 3 cracks at it so far and not all of the pad is sticking to th board.

heat the board slightly with a hair drier! tends to help a little.

if it hasnt stuck so far, its not going to stick.. i find once you put a pad on, its there for ever!

in regards to those foam pads, damn they can be hard to get off, ALWAYS leave a residue!

they are fairly effective through, i currently have two single spikes on my board, its all i really need, i still dont know how people can go with out a stomp pad at all!

syphon_the_python

Likes Dirt
I'm 75ish kg and 6 foot 2 ish. Should I be looking at med or large jackets from Sierra? I don't want anything too baggy.

Are there any other large snow retailers on the web?

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
sawtell said:
i still dont know how people can go with out a stomp pad at all!
One of my mates doesn't use any form of stomp pad solely because he thinks using one is uncool and for punters, then his foot slips straight off and he falls over.

dog boy

Likes Dirt
oh man yesterday i realized how much of a colossal tit i have been. on the back of my stomp pad it has a plastic circle almost the size of the stomp pad. i read the instructions on the back of the package and they simply said heat up pad and board place pad on board and press firmly then leave for 24 hours. for some reason i taught that the plastic circle was what stuck it to the board. still cant get over it, its taken me four gos to realize my error.