The stupid questions thread.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
How the hell does it take 3 business days for Auspost to ship an item from Tamworth to Melbourne even after paying extra for Express?

I can get an item from the UK sent to Melbourne in the same amount of time and that includes clearing Customs in two countries.

Didn't get my new goggles for the weekend :yell:
I think they're conspiring against riders this week; 3 days wasn't enough time for them to get their shit together and get my new forks from Sydney to Melbourne for the weekend.

No riding for me this weekend :( Should have got them from the UK, they'd be here by now...

teK--

Eats Squid
I think they're conspiring against riders this week; 3 days wasn't enough time for them to get their shit together and get my new forks from Sydney to Melbourne for the weekend.

No riding for me this weekend :( Should have got them from the UK, they'd be here by now...
OK you win at least without goggles I can still ride! The sooner they privatise Auspost the better.

Ivan

Eats Squid
The sooner they privatise Auspost the better.

Because Telstra and the Commonwealth bank were so much better after they were privatised right!?

It's also a profitable business, $312 million after tax last year.

scblack

Leucocholic
Because Telstra and the Commonwealth bank were so much better after they were privatised right!?

It's also a profitable business, $312 million after tax last year.
Telstra is a ZILLION times better than the old Telecom.

Where did you get such rose coloured glasses?

I know that Telstra can be frustrating to say the least at times ( I have felt it) but even thats LIGHT YEARS ahead of Telecom service.

scblack

Leucocholic
Personal experience and I have a family member who worked for them for 15 years.
My dad worked his whole life at Telecom - I know frst hand how slack they were:
  • Things like techy's listening into personal calls - a great deal.
  • Things like work having to be repeated many times, due to useless cosmetic matters on a technical job.
  • Things like employees walking off with LOADS of company items.
And many others.......

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
to recruit other people to their invidious cult, of course!

actually it's a pretty informative page, tho it does tend to feature a lot of yuppie weekender cabins for the dabblers.
I'm sure it is, but isn't 'getting off the grid' all about disconnecting yourself from modern society in such a way that you are free of all monitoring and reliance on the government, security services, corporations etc.

I'm not exactly sure that the World's Largest Social Media Networking Site is really the place to accomplish this...

scblack

Leucocholic
I'm sure it is, but isn't 'getting off the grid' all about disconnecting yourself from modern society in such a way that you are free of all monitoring and reliance on the government, security services, corporations etc.

I'm not exactly sure that the World's Largest Social Media Networking Site is really the place to accomplish this...
Since when was being completely hypocritical an issue to any nutjob?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I also find it amusing that those 'occupy' people protesting corporate greed all seem to have the latest smart phone. Way to fight the system guys.
Pretty sure they're not suggesting we all go back to agrarian times.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt

I think they mean living off the grid in the sense they don't rely on "grid" power, water etc and that as much of what they do as possible is environmentally friendly. It appears to be all about minimising environmental impact.

Rather than going off the grid and being impossible to find.