The stupid questions thread.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Yes, have tried bleeding it numerous times and also cannot find anything online - must be common...?

Where in the system is the poppet valve? I may try once more and then hand it over to the lbs.
I think the poppet valve is in the bottom of the post where the hose connects? (Stealth post)

I found a thread on this the other night from Pinkbike i think, OP was in your position, post stuck down. In the end he had success by letting the air out of the post, holding the post up (he didnt say but id assume clamp it or get an assistant to hold it up) and then bleed the hose and actuator then pump the air chamber back up. Numerous people replied saying that solved it for them too and then one or two others said they were able to get it working again by just bleeding it while still stuck down..

Yeh i thought it would be a very common issue as my post over time just started getting slower and slower, i assumed it must have needed a new seal or something, tried silicon pray / teflon type spray but it just got slower and slower. Id actually ordered the bleed kit the day before thinking id see if that helped the drop and rising speeds when it finally failed on a night ride and became stuck down. I think mine got stuck down because it was a rather cold night and driving out to the trails with windchill i guess it was enough to effect the fluid / air in the hose to the point that when i pressed the actuator in the carpark it kinda dropped down in stages then wouldnt come back up. Once home back in the warmer garage after a few hours it finally started to rise again when holding the actuator in. As per my first post on it, the bleed was a huge success and well for the time being the post works better then it ever has before! I can only think it may have been an average bleed from new with air in the actuator maybe as it was always somewhat slow to drop now its silky smooth and takes much less ass weight to drop.

Could always try calling the service dept i guess, tho they might just say send it in... if its under warranty they would likely just give you a new one.

Travis.

safreek

Will I be cool amongst the e bikers if I ride this on the tracks, by the way, that's not me holding the new machine
$_20 (10).JPG

moorey

call me Mia
You sometimes get what you pay for. A $70 dropper needing a service is suddenly a $200 dropper.
You can change the mast on KS, between 30.9 and 31.6. @Nerf Herder has all the parts, and I’ve done a couple...but better off buying the right size in good condition.