The stupid questions thread.

moorey

call me Mia
It’s a completely different pivot placement. That’s a fact. I might work the same, but it isn’t the same.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Goddamnit @hifiandmtb!! ! You keep posting these eye burningly ugly bikes...

I never rode a Lawhill frame, but they always looked to ride a very different wheel path than a Horst. Most of the Horst stuff looked to have a mostly forward arching wheel path while the Lawhill offered a more vertical path. I remember all the hype (in the good old dirtworks catalogue and Ellsworth site) about their suspension set up offering a vertical wheel path and blah blah blah marketing hype about the microns of better ride performance. These did look like an exaggerated Lawhill.

Avert your eyes children!!!

images~2.jpeg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The big movement away from the Horst is that in the Lawhill and Ellsworth endeavours the axle/drop outs moves independently (sort of...as in it inst fixed to the arch of either) the seat stay (as specilized had under patent) or the chain stay (as all the unlicensed knock off's like Kona did). Thus allowing a very different axle path (in theory).

I think the most important aspect is none of these were single pivots.

safreek

A Lawwill link & a Horst link are extremes of pretty much the same thing:

On the Lawwill link the seatstay is only a few inches long & the rocker link is huge.

This Ellsworth down the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the difference is that the yeti/Schwinn is a stunningly gorgeous bike, the Ellsworth is the mongaloid of the safreek hillbilly clan, good looking if you are the parent, hatful if you are not

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
A Lawwill link & a Horst link are extremes of pretty much the same thing:

On the Lawwill link the seatstay is only a few inches long & the rocker link is huge.

This Ellsworth down the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Far out. That Yeti has so many bad ideas packed into one bike, so did the 303 and the... oh.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yup, but it's not correct as it shows the rear axle moving upwards, when in fact the movement should be around that mid pivot point (took me a few minutes staring at it to work out why it doesn't look right)
The short arm that holds the shock is working with in the small radius and axle path is a large radius. Not much of a different concept to GT, you don't want the axle path hooking into the large bumps.