The stupid questions thread.

Maurice.

Banned
Okay sorry. Just read all the way through it then mate.
Got a few more.

If one sinchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to?
Swimmers are trained to hold their breathe underwater for a long time, especially synchronized swimmers. So he would not drown.

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What is the difference between a blog, vlog, Podcast and Vodcast?

Why is my 9yr old GoldFish stil alive?

I-shred

Likes Dirt
What is the difference between a blog, vlog, Podcast and Vodcast?

Why is my 9yr old GoldFish stil alive?
video blog and a written blog,
normal spoken podcast, and im assuming a vodcast is a video one?
And i have no clue about your goldfish

Kezza dawG

Likes Dirt
goldfish......

i was talking to a guy at tafe today and he rekons that goldfish can live for up to 30years... so give it 21 to find out......

and apparently they will grow as big as thier habitat lets them.....
ie he did a test with 2 goldfish the same size....approx 100mm
one went into a tank 6mx2mx1m and within 3months grew to about 300mm.
the other into a tank 1x0.5x0.3 and only grew to 150mm in the same time frame
he then put the small one into the big tank and within a month was as big as the other.....weird shit....
i dont know how true this is coz i dont know him.....but kool, slightly irrelevant infomation anyway.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
How do you know if you didn't hear it? :p
If you take the traditional definition of sound to be something that can be heard it makes a sound

Big difference between the potential can and the definite is

Last edited:

patto_15

Wheel size expert
If you kiss someone who has been drinking, and you haven't, will you still blow .00?
Curious.
Depends how long it is until you blow.... If it is instant i spose it may show a slight reading... But because you continuously blow into the meter, i'm sure it would see that there is an inconsistency....

I heard once that if you have a scotch just before blowing into one, it blows it off the scale... Doubt its true though... or is it?

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Depends how long it is until you blow.... If it is instant i spose it may show a slight reading... But because you continuously blow into the meter, i'm sure it would see that there is an inconsistency....

I heard once that if you have a scotch just before blowing into one, it blows it off the scale... Doubt its true though... or is it?
Yes, I'd think that is true because more of the actual residue of the spirit is still in your mouth, not just on your breath. I've heard of people having emergency mouthwash in the car to gargle before RBTs, so they get a ridiculously high reading and the cops just think it's the mouthwash.

Tomas

my mum says im cool

There used to be an RBT (free) machine @ the local RSL. So, name of the game: Get drunk, have a shot then blow into the breathalyser. You can get it up to like 0.5+, but at that stage your blowing straight tequila into the machine :p.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
If I'm standing still on the ground, how fast am I moving?
It depends what frame of reference you are in…
Someone standing on Earth would say you are moving at 0km/h. Someone in orbit around the earth would say you are moving at the same speed that the Earth is rotating on its axis. Someone outside our solar system would say you are moving at the same speed that the Earth is orbiting the Sun… which is damn fast.