The stupid questions thread.

where in Australia can I get Skippy peanut butter.

goddamn it I always have to get it from my yearly sojourns in Singapore, and mercifully it is allowed through the customs point at Melbourne Airport.

but because of that, I am severely restricted to a few bottles per year, and rationing out peanut butter is akin to rationing out oxygen (to me that is).

where art thou can I buy some Skippy peanut butter!

kizza01

Likes Dirt
Yes, I'd think that is true because more of the actual residue of the spirit is still in your mouth, not just on your breath. I've heard of people having emergency mouthwash in the car to gargle before RBTs, so they get a ridiculously high reading and the cops just think it's the mouthwash.
Actually, No.
There is a common misconception that the breathos measure your straight out BAC. This is untrue. The principals behind the workings of a breatho are oxidation of alcohol in the body and that of an electrolytic cell.

A laymans description is that when alcohol is proccessed in the body, it is exhaled not at alcohol, but as an oxidation of ethanol, namely acetic acid.

When you blow into the breatho the acetic acid is used in another reaction in the machine to create an electrolytic cell. The machine then turns the level of electrical current into a calibrated estimate of you BAC.

Leads me to believe that all these stories you hear of people blowing booze into machines and gettin done with mouthwash are all 'happened to a friend of a friend of mine'.

Another point worth mentioning is that in understanding how one works, you can understand there is no way to fool one.

bananas

Squid
there actually is one way to fool it!

DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!!!!

Why are the kids that came from state school is yr 8 always smarter than the kids in the $6000 p/year school since prep?

How did some genius come up with an engine, it seems so simple now, but the fella who came up with it must have been...... there is no word to describe them?

why are people so rude0 to women especially?

why do girls always say they are fat and ugly, even though they should know that they pretty?

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Stupid questions, not stupid responses.
From what I've heard (having One brother in Uni, and another finished it, also knowing their mates pretty well) - it's not that stupid answer, from what I've heard, a lot of the rich private school kids drop out in their first year of uni as they're used to being spoon fed everything, once they're forced to do everything on their own ... They absolutley die.

because....

Why are the kids that came from state school is yr 8 always smarter than the kids in the $6000 p/year school since prep?
because we (public school kids) dont get everything bloody spoon fed to us, we actually have to work some things out for ourselves. We are taught real life skills, we learn how to plan things out for ourselves, and we are taught to tuff it out, even when we aint got shit.
a teacher once told me that private school graduates get the best enter scores, but are 3 or 4 times more likely to drop out of uni? because they're teachers arent there anymores to hold their hands.

Chrisco

bryce_music

Likes Bikes
The bible says Adam and Eve were here first, science says we came from apes. Were Adam and Eve a pair of hairy apes?

Usain Bolt's Record for 100 meter's is 9.58 seconds. Is it possible to make 9.57 seconds? If so, is it possible to make 9.56 seconds? when is it humanly impossible to run any faster?

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
because we (public school kids) dont get everything bloody spoon fed to us, we actually have to work some things out for ourselves. We are taught real life skills, we learn how to plan things out for ourselves, and we are taught to tuff it out, even when we aint got shit.
a teacher once told me that private school graduates get the best enter scores, but are 3 or 4 times more likely to drop out of uni? because they're teachers arent there anymores to hold their hands.

Chrisco
Oh you hero! Having been at a private school all my life and knowing many, many public school kids it seems you'd be fairly wrong. Whenever you're done generalising and start talking useful shit instead of making everyone feel sorry for you because poor diddums had to "tough it out" in public school, give me a yell.

In future don't assume you're better than me, or that im better than you because of the school system you went through moron, i don't think any bigger of you 'cos you put up with public school, deal with it you tool, if you have the money then spend it and put your kid's through private school, if you don't WANT too then shut up, nobody needs to hear how much of a victim you are and how you're a "better person" because you figure shit out for yourself. I work shit out for myself and im on the top OP score possible, so clearly one of us is wrong and seeing as you just made the generalisation about a HUGE number of children in Australia, im leaning towards you. Although someone could pick through this and find faults in what i just said, i dont care, just wanted to point out how much of a tool you sound.

fairy1

Banned
Private schools are awesome, the nearest one to me had one teacher sacked for having kiddy pics on his computer and the other got in a bit of trouble when he shot his neighbours dog.

murrum

Banned
Oh you hero! Having been at a private school all my life and knowing many, many public school kids it seems you'd be fairly wrong. Whenever you're done generalising and start talking useful shit instead of making everyone feel sorry for you because poor diddums had to "tough it out" in public school, give me a yell.

In future don't assume you're better than me, or that im better than you because of the school system you went through moron, i don't think any bigger of you 'cos you put up with public school, deal with it you tool, if you have the money then spend it and put your kid's through private school, if you don't WANT too then shut up, nobody needs to hear how much of a victim you are and how you're a "better person" because you figure shit out for yourself. I work shit out for myself and im on the top OP score possible, so clearly one of us is wrong and seeing as you just made the generalisation about a HUGE number of children in Australia, im leaning towards you. Although someone could pick through this and find faults in what i just said, i dont care, just wanted to point out how much of a tool you sound.
Does McSweeney have his knickers in a knot?

K3lvinator

Likes Bikes
We used to throw rocks at the private school kids over the road when I was in grade 4 epic rock fights at lunch time!:D
Having said that I've taught at public schools for 11 years and I'm doing post grad study now. I've got no ambition to teach at a private school but I send my kids to one coz I can. I dont think it really matters, I just figure if there are a few other kids working hard then mine might as well. There are plenty of public schools with good work cultures just less of them. If my local public school was better than the private ones I'd send my kids there. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink, some ppl never take opportunities even when they are spoon fed! Where are the PARENTS!!!!