The stupid questions thread.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I found raffles to be a waste of effort and you can easily get stranded there because taxis hate people who are just going into town. Wouldnt chance it in transit.

Meat and two veg is common in the four floors.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Yes, you can get reamed at the aeroport. Look up pricing for mrt and taxi, you wont need much so exchange rate wont hurt too much. Been a while but airport to city by taxi was $20 ish? Credit cards are ok for most things like taxis but street stalls are cash, well I think.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I found raffles to be a waste of effort and you can easily get stranded there because taxis hate people who are just going into town. Wouldnt chance it in transit.

Meat and two veg is common in the four floors.
True, there isn't a lot a Raffles but the stayed a bit at the Stamford so ended up the that area a bit. I didn't want it be up near Orchard Road that much. Taxis can be a headache.

Four floors is just one of those places where you wonder why you went but had to have a look while you were there anyhow.

safreek

Go for it. You can see a few things in that time.

As Dale mentioned, Orchard Road shopping strip (nothing cheap there IMHO), the Marina and Clarke Quay, Raffles, Emerald Hill road and and the hawker places all along the way. Four floors is a car crash place but geeez, it is worth a quick visit, and beware that tall ladies near the Brix at the Hyatt may not be as feminine as you might expect. These areas aren't too far away from each other so, you should be able to see a lot in short time.

Careful when it rains in the afternoon in SG. Everyone wants a taxi at the same time and everything gets slow. The MRTs have the same level of awesome as all public trains in Asia.

Just make it back to the boarding gate with 10 minutes to spare and you are winning.

Have fun....
How did you find the tall girls, good value?
Asking for a friend

LPG

likes thicc birds
I will soon be transiting through Singapore airport and spending a few more hours there than I'd like. I'll be there for 7.5 hours morning until early afternoon. Does anyone got some suggestions for me on how to fill the time? I was considering one of the free tours offered or maybe just a big long swim in the pool. Any chance they have towels and swim wear there?
I did the free tour a year or so ago. Was a decent way to pass time and to see a bit for free. No time to stop somewhere to eat a meal but you see a few different things.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thanks for the info gents. I'll see how this plays out. I may just end up sleeping on the floor at the airport again...last time I flew through Singapore I had high hopes of using my time there wisely and I Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the hours away.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Thanks for the info gents. I'll see how this plays out. I may just end up sleeping on the floor at the airport again...last time I flew through Singapore I had high hopes of using my time there wisely and I Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the hours away.
It really is worth the trip into town.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
How did you find the tall girls, good value?
Asking for a friend
You give them 'that' look for a few minutes and high tail it out of there. One followed me down Orchard Road but I went to a shopping centre and probably and literally saved my arse.

It is the same look you give the drug dealers that hang around train stations. They want to come and talk to you but aren't sure if you are the real deal.

safreek

You give them 'that' look for a few minutes and high tail it out of there. One followed me down Orchard Road but I went to a shopping centre and probably and literally saved my arse.

It is the same look you give the drug dealers that hang around train stations. They want to come and talk to you but aren't sure if you are the real deal.
Damn bro, I thought you were a broad minded fella, you let me down on both counts. Come party with the freek some time, I'll show you how to bang a tall girl whilst sucking on a pipe. Hmm or was that meant to be the other way around.
Fuck it, it's Asia, do both. What happens in Asia stays in Asia. Except the clap, that always comes back with you

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Damn bro, I thought you were a broad minded fella, you let me down on both counts. Come party with the freek some time, I'll show you how to bang a tall girl whilst sucking on a pipe. Hmm or was that meant to be the other way around.
Fuck it, it's Asia, do both. What happens in Asia stays in Asia. Except the clap, that always comes back with you
Thanks for the kind offer sir but I'll probably be asleep after my warm milk and cookies by the time all the tall banging ladies with pipes are all getting busy.

I'm sure you have some great talents there :)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Would anyone here know what the hell this is?

Looks like a mortar fuse but I'm no expert, it feels quite heavy and solid.

Found it in the middle of the trail in an ex-military training ground.