The stupid questions thread.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Why do women...

...have such shit taste in music?
...think it's ok to play their music but not yours?
...talk all the time?
...or not talk and play on their phone, but the second you pick yours up they demand more talking?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I prefer easy...cant I just do some dishes + laundry + cook + buy flowers?

I knew a guy years ago, seedy old fucker I worked with, who was good for dishing out seedy advice to young men. His advice on the matter was:

"Boys I don't pay women to fuck me, I pay them not to talk to me afterwards."

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I will soon be transiting through Singapore airport and spending a few more hours there than I'd like. I'll be there for 7.5 hours morning until early afternoon. Does anyone got some suggestions for me on how to fill the time? I was considering one of the free tours offered or maybe just a big long swim in the pool. Any chance they have towels and swim wear there?

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I will soon be transiting through Singapore airport and spending a few more hours there than I'd like. I'll be there for 7.5 hours morning until early afternoon. Does anyone got some suggestions for me on how to fill the time? I was considering one of the free tours offered or maybe just a big long swim in the pool. Any chance they have towels and swim wear there?
Sorry, no dogs allowed in the pool.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...also! I recently saw an electric car charging bay. They wanted 45c per kilowatt. Made me wonde, how does this compare to buying petrol? How does the "mileage" of electricity vs petol go?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
No swimwear. Go nude. It is expected. I would just take the mrt into the city and spend a few hours in Orchard Rd. Rolling from food stall to food stall, bar to bar.

Or head over to the Marina Bay and wander the shoppes and the museum and go over to the funky new forest.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No swimwear. Go nude. It is expected. I would just take the mrt into the city and spend a few hours in Orchard Rd. Rolling from food stall to food stall, bar to bar.

Or head over to the Marina Bay and wander the shoppes and the museum and go over to the funky new forest.
Throw me a little more details..? I'm probably going to skip the bar to bar aspect. There's a fair chance I'll loose track of time and end up being cained for public urination.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Throw me a little more details..? I'm probably going to skip the bar to bar aspect. There's a fair chance I'll loose track of time and end up being cained for public urination.
Orchard Rd has the usual shops and stalls along it at ground level but the shops also link underground mostly and there are lots and lots of little street food vendors. You can also head upstairs in the shopping malls but my favourite part is the street food. I have been able to sample some amazing flavours and the beauty is you can just buy bits and pieces as you wander around.

At Marina Bay ths shops are (in my experience) very expensive so it is just a walk around and time wasting exercise. The museum quite often has great displays on. One time I was there it was about band camp... ummm actually the Chinese fleets of the early 15th century, I spent a couple of hours there and learnt a lot, so much that I followed it up with some other research when I arrived home. Sometimes it is less interesting. You can get a day pass onto the roof of the hotel and there are a couple of restaurants up there which are free access. I was a bit disappointed to be honest. Crazy expensive and not the culinary experience I expected. The new forest is the public development on the ocean side of the marina with some of the artifical trees being accessable. The trees are water towers and processing for the city water supply. Great at night but you maybe wont have time.

I don't seafood since it would put me in hospital but you can get a taxi from the airport to the wharf area and indulge in chilli crab which is amazing. Alledgely though I have had the sauce on another dead animal and it was pretty special.

There is also the four floors of whores. I am pretty sure that poodles aren't allowed.

Just watch your time. If you are going into the city/Marina Bay use the mrt not taxis. Taxis are cheap but one visit I spent my 4 hours in transit because it was Singapore cup time and the roads were shocking. I did not know or check.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
...also! I recently saw an electric car charging bay. They wanted 45c per kilowatt. Made me wonde, how does this compare to buying petrol? How does the "mileage" of electricity vs petol go?
Dunno.

Currently with little traffic I'm averaging about 10c/km for 98 octane in the Polo (just under $2/l).

I'm sure someone will come along to do the math for an EV.

[edit] Ok, Tesla Model 3 LR averages 27kWh/100miles which equals 0.17kWh per km. So in 5.88km it would consume 1kWh or charge.

So that's 7.65c/km.

Don't forget, FFs are subsidised, and bear no environmental impact costing.

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Go for it. You can see a few things in that time.

As Dale mentioned, Orchard Road shopping strip (nothing cheap there IMHO), the Marina and Clarke Quay, Raffles, Emerald Hill road and and the hawker places all along the way. Four floors is a car crash place but geeez, it is worth a quick visit, and beware that tall ladies near the Brix at the Hyatt may not be as feminine as you might expect. These areas aren't too far away from each other so, you should be able to see a lot in short time.

Careful when it rains in the afternoon in SG. Everyone wants a taxi at the same time and everything gets slow. The MRTs have the same level of awesome as all public trains in Asia.

Just make it back to the boarding gate with 10 minutes to spare and you are winning.

Have fun....