The stupid questions thread.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
have a consistent click coming from my rear hub area when my chain is on the 4th smallest cog. Happens at exactly the same point of the crank turn (ie i can back pedal an inch and cause the sound to occur immediately as i engage.. doesn't make it on the other gears. Doesn't appear to be an indexing issue as chain appears to be riding smoothly and not trying to jump up or down, the chain itself looks fine(if it wasnt it wold be occuring in the other gears), sprocket looks clear of debris too. Just can't seem to source the cause. Any thoughts?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
have a consistent click coming from my rear hub area when my chain is on the 4th smallest cog. Happens at exactly the same point of the crank turn (ie i can back pedal an inch and cause the sound to occur immediately as i engage.. doesn't make it on the other gears. Doesn't appear to be an indexing issue as chain appears to be riding smoothly and not trying to jump up or down, the chain itself looks fine(if it wasnt it wold be occuring in the other gears), sprocket looks clear of debris too. Just can't seem to source the cause. Any thoughts?

New bike time dude.

Cassette tight? Greased your hub driver? Chain ring tight? Got a chain guide? Crank nice and lubed? What about your pedals?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
New bike time dude.

Cassette tight? Greased your hub driver? Chain ring tight? Got a chain guide? Crank nice and lubed? What about your pedals?
I found the problem. There is one tooth on the cassete that catches the edge of the chain rather. Unsure if this is something to bend into position or that's the tooth a gear change engages on. But I've played with the barrel adjuster and it doesn't seem to make a difference to the issue. It just fucks the rest of the shifting up.
Hmmmm

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I found the problem. There is one tooth on the cassete that catches the edge of the chain rather. Unsure if this is something to bend into position or that's the tooth a gear change engages on. But I've played with the barrel adjuster and it doesn't seem to make a difference to the issue. It just fucks the rest of the shifting up.
Hmmmm
Ill wager that is the end of the cog, which may mean the end of the cassette. Can it be filed or ground down just a little? Or you know...bashed with a hammer! Worst case you break something that is already broken.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid

This is a video of what's happening. It will also explain why I thought it happened at the same spot/turn of the crank

Only happens in that spot.