The stupid questions thread.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Norco Maniac - I only meant in public, I always take off my helmet when going into banks and other sensitive areas.
sorry mate, i wasn't very clear either.

as far as i know it's not a crime to have your face covered in a public area, i mean between a cap pulled down low and a large pair of sunnies your face is fairly well obscured, yes? but i did see a bouncer tell a young guy to take his hat off the other night at my local pub. the guy was being a bit of a dick but not to the point i'd think he needed to be spoken to.

i guess with a gas mask on you could always use the excuse that it's performance art :p

a friend of mine has just started work at a Minotaur store, and tells me they get random cosplay drop-ins frequently.

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Is it pretentious to roll your 'R's when ordering Ravioli at an Italian restaurant?

Or is it just like a white guy from the burbs saying "S'sup dawg" to a black person?
How come when the guy at the next table to me in a French restaurant orders in fluent french he get's complimented by the owner and given some free canapes, yet when i go into my local Chinese, put the prawn cracker basket on my head, squint my eyes and go "Harro. I rike chicken flied lice prease" I get asked to leave the establishment? :confused:

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
How come when the guy at the next table to me in a French restaurant orders in fluent french he get's complimented by the owner and given some free canapes, yet when i go into my local Chinese, put the prawn cracker basket on my head, squint my eyes and go "Harro. I rike chicken flied lice prease" I get asked to leave the establishment? :confused:
Because its "hurro", not "harro", townie :roll:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Any ideas to stay entertained on a 14 hour flight?

the flip answer would be to stay awake for 24 hours beforehand so you sleep thru most of it.

i've done a couple of nine-hour train trips lately, and the four planes shuttle between Coffs and Adelaide. kept myself entertained with talking books and study lectures on the iPod, and having earphones in also seemed to deter conversational approaches from random strangers.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any ideas to stay entertained on a 14 hour flight?
Hahahah I hope for your sake that you aren't flying argentinas aerolineas, we did 13hrs with the same movie played twice, no individual screens. Laptop, ereader, books, alcohol...

Another question: Where the hell in australia can you buy peruvian pisco, not chilean shit..

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
best way to acclimatise yourself when moving from the tropics to the desert?
*Maybe wear really heavy woolen jumpers and thermals for a week and then when you strip down a week later the desert will seem like a cool fresh paradise.

*You will probably die if you do this... So don't take my advice

Norco Maniac

Is back!
*Maybe wear really heavy woolen jumpers and thermals for a week and then when you strip down a week later the desert will seem like a cool fresh paradise.

*You will probably die if you do this... So don't take my advice

cheeky bugger.

it's the lack of humidity that has me spooked, trying to ride when your lungs are searing like 2 minute steak on an unattended bbq.....

indica

Serial flasher
cheeky bugger.

it's the lack of humidity that has me spooked, trying to ride when your lungs are searing like 2 minute steak on an unattended bbq.....
Dry heat is easier to cope with than humid heat.
I went from 33 in Cairns to 40 in Adelaide and hardly noticed the "heat" when I stepped off the plane.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No thoughts on the pisco anyone??

ALSO is it bad/naughty/gunna get me in trouble to list a bike FS for a non member?

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Dry heat is easier to cope with than humid heat.
I went from 33 in Cairns to 40 in Adelaide and hardly noticed the "heat" when I stepped off the plane.
same temps and i couldn't breathe....i've ridden in 42 in the shade and 98% humidity, the dry kills me....