The stupid questions thread.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's awful! I'm looking for a mosto verde strain, pure, and the fermentation is stopped halfway. Uses more grapes and is more aromatic
fell in love with pisco sours in peru, and got my pisco confiscated by auckland security :(
*excuse the bar nerd*

Nautonier

Eats Squid
It's awful! I'm looking for a mosto verde strain, pure, and the fermentation is stopped halfway. Uses more grapes and is more aromatic
fell in love with pisco sours in peru, and got my pisco confiscated by auckland security :(
*excuse the bar nerd*
I bet you wished you'd drank it on the plane! If it's better than the Chilean variety it sounds like I'm in for a treat (if I can find it).

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bet you wished you'd drank it on the plane! If it's better than the Chilean variety it sounds like I'm in for a treat (if I can find it).
You have no IDEA! I had an entire litre and it was an 12 hr plane ride :'( !!!!!! It had already been on TWO PLANES damn you kiwis

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
You have no IDEA! I had an entire litre and it was an 12 hr plane ride :'( !!!!!! It had already been on TWO PLANES damn you kiwis
Not the Kiwis fault. It's the thieving arseholes who own Australia's airports.

No incoming international flights to Australia are allowed carry-on liquids - they aren't even allowed to take them off you at the gate and store until landing.
However seeing as you can take liquids onto Australian domestic flights no problem and Australia is the only country I've flown to where they have (very lucrative) duty free sales on landing, I can only deduce that it's another cash grab by the crooked wankers alongside their $4 trolley hire, $3.50 taxi rank surcharges, high airport tax and extortionate parking, transport and terminal prices.

Before anyone cuts in, yes i know it's CASA who make the rules regarding air travel but CASA are still a political entity that are subject to the pressure and influence of those that control every major departure and arrival point in Australia.

Even the yanks keep their airports publicly owned and competitively priced and in a country like Australia where the sheer size, scarcity of population and geographic isolation ensure that air travel is an essential, it really is a f***ing joke! :mmph:

John U

MTB Precision
Shimano and SRAM gear cables. Is there a difference or can both be used in either?

Add to this, what are good general gear cables to run? I have been checking out JagWire

No incoming international flights to Australia are allowed carry-on liquids - they aren't even allowed to take them off you at the gate and store until landing.
Are you sure. I flew back from Paris a month ago with a my full duty free allowance safely tucked into the overhead locker (Admittedly sealed in those nift anti-tamper bags at the CGV airport bottleshop) and there was no problem.

Maybe the tamper proof bag does the trick?

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Spotted a dead red belly on the road this arvo in good condish. Still shiny and no blood or anything.
Was thinking of grabbing it tomorrow on the way to work and sticking it a work colleagues locker.

Bad idea?

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Shimano and SRAM gear cables. Is there a difference or can both be used in either?

Add to this, what are good general gear cables to run? I have been checking out JagWire
I was under the impression that you have to use jagwire with SRAM.
I don't know why. I think I must have heard it once and committed it to memory.
I did notice that my new bike is running SRAM and came with jagwire written on the housing.

Until now always used XTR and gore for all my shimano setups with no probs.

Maybe someone else can shed some better light on the subject.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Any gear cable with work with any gear, SRAM/Shimano Road/MTB/Anything. Not sure if a particular brand of cable is better for each brand of derailleur but I very highly doubt it.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Are you sure. I flew back from Paris a month ago with a my full duty free allowance safely tucked into the overhead locker (Admittedly sealed in those nift anti-tamper bags at the CGV airport bottleshop) and there was no problem.

Because you aren't flying direct into Oz from France the airlines don't check your bags at the gate and the duty free sales assistant was probably being a bit too french to inform you that it wasn't permitted for the last section of your journey: If you had taken your duty-free off the plane with you during your fuel stopover there's a damn good chance you wouldn't have been let back on the flight with it.

I've had security staff check my (and everyone else on the flight's) bags for liquids at the departure gate in both Changi and Bangkok airports this year - this is after already passing through security at international departures. I've also had the same thing happen to friends flying through Hong Kong and have heard of people having their booze confiscated despite the presence of both tamper-proof bags and receipts.

Again, it's apparently it's to comply with Australian aviation regulations however it's perfectly fine to buy and carry duty free in hand luggage if you are departing Australia and liquids are no longer restricted on domestic flights so how the hell does that work?!

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Not true. Mine was tamper proof. Kiwi mate said some countries accept that, we don't. I WAS ONE FLIGHT FROM HOME!!!! ARRGHHH!!!

POSM I heard liquid searches at dept gates were at the discretion of the carrier, not the country?