The stupid questions thread.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And with those older (and indeed newer) European cars, it's harder to get parts when they break - compared to an equivalent Toyota, Holden, Ford etc.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll see your Chevy commo and raise you a Ferarri commo.

Yes that is correct, there is in Toowoomba a white commodore with fezza badges.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I kind of get the Ferrari badges on a Commodore as a pure piss take but the Chev badges is just a total wank. Big whoopdy do da if your car has an engine developed in someone else's shed, it doesn't mean you're driving a different car to what is sold in the brochure. The ferrari badge on the car kind of nulls the fuckwit factor and just groups them with the clowns who put GT strips on Gemini's and massive wings on Excels.

jonny the boy

Likes Dirt
I kind of get the Ferrari badges on a Commodore as a pure piss take but the Chev badges is just a total wank. Big whoopdy do da if your car has an engine developed in someone else's shed, it doesn't mean you're driving a different car to what is sold in the brochure. The ferrari badge on the car kind of nulls the fuckwit factor and just groups them with the clowns who put GT strips on Gemini's and massive wings on Excels.
^^ Its a bit of a cop out to the aussies that designed and built the car to have yank badges slapped all over them. I dont think you would have ever seen dudes throwing Nissan badges on their VL turbo's.. Pointless

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Kinda wish i had of found this thread long ago. I do have a question about chain lubing. When i lube my chain after cleaning, i run the chain around as i apply lube for one loop of the chain, then run it around a few times and then hold a rag over the chain for a couple of loops. When i'm on the trail, within the first couple of km, my chain and drivetrain are so gunked up i can actually feel the grit through my pedals and seat and my chain is pretty much black. What could i be doing wrong? Too much lube? I'm using wet lube too btw. Thanks.

moorey

call me Mia
Very little, and wipe off all possible.
Even easier, try some rock'n'roll. Different to lube, doesn't collect gunk. Top stuff.

Clutched

Likes Bikes
I'm not sure who's the bigger tool in my area:

The V6 Commo driver with Impala SS badges on it.
or
The Peugeot 206 driver with the "JDM as Fuck" sticker on the back window.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Kinda wish i had of found this thread long ago. I do have a question about chain lubing. When i lube my chain after cleaning, i run the chain around as i apply lube for one loop of the chain, then run it around a few times and then hold a rag over the chain for a couple of loops. When i'm on the trail, within the first couple of km, my chain and drivetrain are so gunked up i can actually feel the grit through my pedals and seat and my chain is pretty much black. What could i be doing wrong? Too much lube? I'm using wet lube too btw. Thanks.
Change to a dry lube, I use 'king of lubes', squirt it on, pedal a few rotations and wipe as much lube off as possible, no problems with gunk or build up.

Is there anywhere in Aus where you can buy pretty powerful magnets? Like those decent rare earth ones? I've bought some off ebay, and either the seller is shafting me or they're unable to get on the plane here...