The stupid questions thread.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Oil ring on stanchion

Is a small 'oil ring' on my rear shock stanchion okay? It's a newish shock (Rockshock Monarch) and noticed the oil ring after todays ride. I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that it's okay if it's minimal. Cheers.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Is a small 'oil ring' on my rear shock stanchion okay? It's a newish shock (Rockshock Monarch) and noticed the oil ring after todays ride. I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that it's okay if it's minimal. Cheers.
Mate a lot of variables go intothis answer. Straight up you need to determine what type of oil it is, the viscocity, and heat temperance. The only effective waY to do this without the right equipment (ph test kit and litmus paper) is by taste. So lick your oily ring and post up what it tastes like. Then we will be able to proceed.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Mate a lot of variables go intothis answer. Straight up you need to determine what type of oil it is, the viscocity, and heat temperance. The only effective waY to do this without the right equipment (ph test kit and litmus paper) is by taste. So lick your oily ring and post up what it tastes like. Then we will be able to proceed.
Can't tell if serious or trolling :twitch: it is a low viscosity oil, that's all I can tell you at the moment.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
How newish are we talking? It's not uncommon for a bit of excess from manufacturing to leave a ring around the shock for a little while.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You need a better troll detector.

But to be fair, it is probably more smart arsery than trollery.
Place all eggs in smart arse basket and proceed to level 2.

Low viscosity synthetic oils have a sherbet/citrus taste. Low viscosity real oils have a citrus taste. It is quite close....

Don't worry too much about a little bit of oil weeping. It should clear up after the shock beds in and the seal dry out. If you are finding more and more appearing in big volumes it may be worth a consult at the lbs. I have ran monarch shocks a few times and they are pretty reliable and no fuss. If the weep becomes a trickle...then worry.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Don't worry too much about a little bit of oil weeping. It should clear up after the shock beds in and the seal dry out. If you are finding more and more appearing in big volumes it may be worth a consult at the lbs. I have ran monarch shocks a few times and they are pretty reliable and no fuss. If the weep becomes a trickle...then worry.
Cheers. Will keep an eye on it. Hopefully clears up after a few rides.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Aren't both of those items doing the same thing? Both appear to connect to the TV (or in your case, projector) to receive from a Miracast compatible device - Neither is suggesting they will broadcast.
Sorry to clarify, the idea is to connect devices to a projector to display. However neither the projector or input source are miracast compatible off the production line...

WarbyD

Likes Dirt
Sorry to clarify, the idea is to connect devices to a projector to display. However neither the projector or input source are miracast compatible off the production line...
Yup - got that. What I mean is you're only addressing the projector end with either of these. Both are devices to receive from a miracast device - so they will be able to get your tablet or phone image onto the projector but won't help with the laptop(s)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yup - got that. What I mean is you're only addressing the projector end with either of these. Both are devices to receive from a miracast device - so they will be able to get your tablet or phone image onto the projector but won't help with the laptop(s)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Gotcha. Any idea on what it would take to make the laptop cooperate then? Worst case my work tab is miracast compatible, but if I can get the laptops working, I won't have to pay for any of it myself!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The O'l stupid Off Topic thread has turned to shite, who gets the Finger Bone pointed at?
this really depends on which version of turned to shite you mean....please provide a little more detail for consideration by the masses? For example 'the off topic thread has turned to shite because it is not really off topic enough.' Or 'since Alice left RB is no longer the wonderland I once loved.'

Are there any places that professionally scan documents to PDF? I have 5 folders full of reports and, although I could do it, I'm lazy and would rather have someone do it for me.