The Triple J Thread.

fairy1

Banned
All that says is that JJJ has a wider more popular voting fan base than it used to.
Yup I blame Foxtel if they didn't televise the countdown there wouldn't be so many Impressionable black skinnies wearing fucktards choosing to vote.
That's just my opinion though.
One thing I realy hate is the lack of punk/alternative in the day, all they play is Tegan and Sara and some new soft Rise Against songs.
I still love my J's though, just bought five JJJ stickers today to prove my love.

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
Im not a massive fan, but Its still good to listen to. If I wanted to listen to my music, I listen to my Ipod or something, when I listen to JJJ I dont expect to hear my type of music, but occasionaly I hear something good. I do agree that the breakfast show is getting pretty bad though.

Does anybody listen to the morning show with Zan(sp?) though? while 50% of its is the usual next big indie band or something, she plays a lot of really good music as well. Pretty much the only place Ive heard any of the Arcade Fires first album. She did the producers series a few years ago which was pretty interesting. Its not always new music, but so often ill hear something good that I haven't heard in a long time, or something amazing Ive never heard before.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Some of you may not remember it, but when JJJ went national (well all capitals) ~1990 there was a less than subtle shift from what it used to be prior to that.
I do remember them playing Jimmy Barnes their first night as a national station. Took me by surprise somewhat.

I also remember one particular newsreader getting fired, and apologies being aired at half-hour intervals for the rest of the day, after she went a little off-script and said something about then-Opposition Leader John Hewson "...telling fucking lies again". That was a hoot.

Haro Xeon

Likes Bikes
Ive been listening to the J's since it came to Adelaide in 1990. Im not sure if its just me getting old or if has gone downhill in the last few years.

Its still my pick of music station but im not getting into as much of the music these days, such as the Hilltop Hoods. They are absolutely crap compared to other Aussie hip hop that the J's play. I dont understand why they get played so much when the likes of Bliss n Eso are so much better.

I remember the olden days of the J's as they were great. I still miss Keith the moravian swearing bear and Ethol Chopp.

At work im forced to listen to adds all day with ten minutes of songs per hour which drives me crazy. If im not listening to the j's im listening the abc local radio.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I remember the olden days of the J's as they were great. I still miss Keith the moravian swearing bear and Ethol Chopp.
Remember Maynard F# Crabbes? I used to love listening to him on the breakfast shift. Then one morning, he just wasn't there any more. Like Puff The Magic Dragon.

*snif*

toml

Likes Dirt
Did anyone in Melbourne go to Alex's 21st? Sounded pretty fun I thought.
What did people put for the hottest 100 of all time? I didn't get around to voting :(.

Last years 100 was sweet, at least 10 songs i loved. Jealousy, No sex for Ben, skinny love, Ice cream, Oxford Comma, dawn of the dead, I'm not going to teach your bf how to dance were probably my favorites...

Last edited:

fairy1

Banned
I'm going to Parklife next week, I really don't want to go.

Ahh ha ha you had him on Face Book, you cyber face fucked him.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Fuck Parklife. So full of stupid jocks with their heads up each others' asses and useless trashy orange-skin-and-fried-hair skanks. Perfect target for population control.

superfamtasich

Likes Bikes
Every afternoon a tool gets thrown when I hear that really shit intro to scott dooley HOLY F@rK its prerecorded dickweed he hasn't just passed you the mic

WTB: Radio station that plays nothing but music 24/7 but with a news break every hour

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
Parklife is ok,some good bands were on the line up.
Its just the people that attend the event that make it gay - i.e, the pill head jocks that wear fluro,v neck shirts and those gay slip on shoes!

fattyandthepiemakers

I ride an STP
Good evening everyone. I am set to drive from Brissy to Townsville tomorrow and I am after a listing of JJJ frequencies as I make my way north. I'm off to a good start, I know that Brissy's one is 105.5 :)

Mobywan

Likes Dirt
Remember Maynard F# Crabbes? I used to love listening to him on the breakfast shift. Then one morning, he just wasn't there any more. Like Puff The Magic Dragon.

*snif*

I do... he was one crazy mofo.

What about Angela Caterns?... damn that woman's voice was sweet.

old4dy

Likes Dirt
A question for all.

How many ROTORBURNERS listened to the Js when it was double J

Has changed heaps over the years, am still a loyal listener.

Adrian Forrester

Likes Bikes
Yep! used to listen to them when they were Double J

Now listen to FBI and 2ser but.
Can't stand that dools tool or the crap playlists they now play.