The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

markus84

Likes Bikes
Answer Manitou

Found this one for sale in Japan. claims its never been used, and it kind looks like it!

zenn0126-img600x450-1295334764blkrhe90076.jpg

Although he wants over $2500AU for it

Arran

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Attitude frameset

I'm thinking more & more that the Klein Attitude frameset I picked up recently was a bargain...

Check out this eBay US auction for an MC1 Attitude bar/stem. It went for significantly more than I paid for the whole frameset!!!

Lorday

Eats Squid
Picked up a 1991 GT Zaskar frame in my size. From what I can tell it's legit (i.e. handmade in the usa the year I was born).

Problem is, I do not know what to do with it. SO MANY OPTIONS.

floody

Wheel size expert
I'm thinking more & more that the Klein Attitude frameset I picked up recently was a bargain...

Check out this eBay US auction for an MC1 Attitude bar/stem. It went for significantly more than I paid for the whole frameset!!!
I can believe that, some Kleinphiles are rabid. I reckon you did well, especially in that paint scheme.

slowK

Likes Dirt
My latest semi retro steed, 1996 Marin EG

Ahhh. Noice!

I had a '95 Eldridge Grade bought from Stanmore Cycles in Sydney. Ti coloured with ano red bits (stem, barends, seat collar etc). Rigid forks. A lovely bike.

The Marin range of hardtails in the early-mid 90s were really beautiful bikes.

donny70

Likes Dirt
My new retro project is this Ibis Szazbo. Have some blue ano kooka cranks and german:A forks to go on it too. Hopefully can get it all up and running by Christmas...

Last edited:

donny70

Likes Dirt
Where do you find these things? That is epic.
I have a hit list of bikes that I've always wanted (still waiting for my Alpinestars Al-mega DX) and I usually put in a search on eBay US, UK & Germany. I then save the searches so when an item shows up it gets emailed to me. If the price is realistic or i reckon I can get it for cheap, game on. The szazbo came from the US and only cost $100 to send over. I'll get my German A forks at christmas from my bro in Germany...

These are my other 3. Well the LTS is the wifes really. The STS now has caramba sidewinder cranks and cnc machined one piece rings which look heaps better. Think magic motorcycle...

Last edited:

floody

Wheel size expert
Question; could a non-disc STS-DS seatstay be drilled to take the OEM GT disc mount like the later ones or is it substantially different?

donny70

Likes Dirt
Question; could a non-disc STS-DS seatstay be drilled to take the OEM GT disc mount like the later ones or is it substantially different?
I've had a look at my STS and my LTS. One is drilled and the other isn't but they are identical other than that.

Turner_rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a hit list of bikes that I've always wanted (still waiting for my Alpinestars Al-mega DX) and I usually put in a search on eBay US, UK & Germany. I then save the searches so when an item shows up it gets emailed to me.
I just use the retrobike auction watch and the for sale section to find what i need.