The Walking Dead

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Pretty sweet to see Michone join the group....she's a bad mother fucker! Interesting to see a body on the floor with Glen having a scream on the preview....hope its that weird mo fo Governor. Hanging for tomorrow night.

Zam

Likes Dirt
Just have the last ep to go before the break, so far it is great and they have set the season up really well.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
The scene between Axle and Carol is now the series highlight for me.

Is there some rule in American television that you're only allowed to have one token black guy??

Nautonier

Eats Squid
The scene between Axle and Carol is now the series highlight for me.
In a world where humanity is on the brink of extinction, I think it was vital to the plot to establish that women with short hair are not all lesbians. Up until now I had been enjoying the absence of any attempt at humour.

It's a pretty grim idea that in the face of the imminent threat of all those walkers, the thing our heroes really have to worry about is the living humans.

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
In a world where humanity is on the brink of extinction, I think it was vital to the plot to establish that women with short hair are not all lesbians. Up until now I had been enjoying the absence of any attempt at humour.

It's a pretty grim idea that in the face of the imminent threat of all those walkers, the thing our heroes really have to worry about is the living humans.
I think that was the entire idea of the comics, that with monsters everywhere we're the real monsters.

I'm really liking season 3, had better pacing than season 1 and 2. Season 1 and 2 can be summed up with:

Fourty minutes of people whisper fighting

4 minutes of holy shit what an amazing twist (which isn't touched on until the end of the next episode)

This season is much more deliberate, there are still the final 4 minute twists, but they aren't as big and the bulk of the episode is still worth watching. Killing off laurie was awesome, she was fucking annoying and contributed nothing to the group. It's awesome that Karl is no longer a little girl but is becoming a mega badass, and Rick is starting to lose it pretty hard. Can't wait to see how nuts rick goes.

If they kill off Daryl I will murder someone.

Mywifesirrational

Some spoilers ahead if you haven't seen the latest episode or season!

If they kill off Daryl I will murder someone.
Yeah, I'll be really surprised if they do, he's too popular with the viewers with many saying they'll stop watching if he dies - but maybe that's will be why he will be killed off, to shock the audience?

He's by far the most interesting and complicated character on the series, Reedus has done an impressive job at turning a minor support role into a major character. While I like Rick he's character has been fairly one dimensional at least until this season.

I wonder what is coming up with Daryl and Merle? Merle is another character that's a favourite (hate him - so great acting). Now that Merle has been double crossed will he forgive and side with Rick (if he lives) - although I doubt Rick would accept him, like he may have forgiven in season one.

Why did the Governor double cross him - he appeared to be the right hand man? Was Merle getting a little uncontrollable? Failure to (attempt) take the prison by telling the governor it couldn't be done?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I wonder what is coming up with Daryl and Merle? Merle is another character that's a favourite (hate him - so great acting). Now that Merle has been double crossed will he forgive and side with Rick (if he lives) - although I doubt Rick would accept him, like he may have forgiven in season one.

Why did the Governor double cross him - he appeared to be the right hand man? Was Merle getting a little uncontrollable? Failure to (attempt) take the prison by telling the governor it couldn't be done?
I reckon Andrea will side with Darryl and Merle and they'll get out of it.
I think the Governor blamed him simply because he needs to showcase to his people that someone is at fault. Either that or he is thinking some wild shit.
The glass to the eye was epic, I actually cringed at that!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Yeah, I liked that scene. I also liked last weeks scene with Andrea's G string. She's got a great body!

Beej1

The Governor has thus far shown himself to be unstable at best. Combine this with the fact that he removes - or plots to remove - anyone who could threaten his reign over the town. Pretty sure he wiped out the National Guard unit both for their weapons and the fact that they had the potential to rise against him, being military folk who had their own chain of command. He is clearly in awe of Ricks group being able to overrun the prison full of walkers - so they are a threat to him too.

The Governor sees Merle is a sociopath, just like him. He knows Merle could take him down if push came to shove.

My only questions are why the town meeting revelation? Why reveal to Andrea that Daryl was one of the attackers in such a fashion? What is the aim of putting the fate of the Dixon brothers in the town's hands?

Of course ... the realistic explanation is that it is all just a plot device of some nature. Maybe to re-introduce Merle back into Rick's group sometime in the near future? Whatever it is, this show has shown that no character is safe. It's so rare to watch something and not know _exactly_ everything that is going to happen. It's what I love about the show (as well as the slick wet sound of objects piercing zombie brains).

At least the hiatus gives me a chance to mainline "Treme" - a few episodes in and it's got that same easily watchable quality "The Wire" had.

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
The Governer actually has pretty good reason to get rid of Merle. He told him Michone was dead - she rather clearly isn't. Now his daughter is "dead" because Merle failed. Combined with the fact that Merle would most likely chose his brother over the Governer, which the Governer suspects, and it actually makes sense to kill him.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The Governer actually has pretty good reason to get rid of Merle. He told him Michone was dead - she rather clearly isn't. Now his daughter is "dead" because Merle failed. Combined with the fact that Merle would most likely chose his brother over the Governer, which the Governer suspects, and it actually makes sense to kill him.
Ahhhh yeah! He did say Michone was dead. That fills a small void and makes the Gov's standpoint a bit clearer.

Mywifesirrational

Indeed, great point.

From a series perspective I can see (think) that Merle offers more plots twists in regards to Daryl the group. But perhaps he'll die redeeming himself by saving Daryl.