The Walking Dead

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Hey dudes! Been a while. Just watched the ep....fu@k me, there's a bit happening. Shit's not cool. I mistakenly read a spoiler ages ago about Glen, so was expecting it to come, and it definitely robbed me of any emotion watching it when "it" happened. Brutal though. He kinda looked like Sloth from the Goonies! Abraham will be missed also. Interesting to see what direction they take. Will they fight, or are spirits broken? Anyway, big first ep back.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
My new Fav. song.
I got up at 4.30am for my ride and bam! That song was in my head as soon as the alarm clock stopped. I actually like the song, she has a sexy voice but having that played at that volume non stop would be torture.
Episode 3 was pretty good actually, I enjoyed it and can see some serious shit about to go down.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I got up at 4.30am for my ride and bam! That song was in my head as soon as the alarm clock stopped. I actually like the song, she has a sexy voice but having that played at that volume non stop would be torture.
Episode 3 was pretty good actually, I enjoyed it and can see some serious shit about to go down.
Loved the song, such a happy vibe to offset the shitty world.

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/walking-dead-rick-daryl-car-ride.gif?w=650&h=366

Actually been a good season so far, and I was ready to chuck the towel in, the last two episodes have been more 'quiet' in nature, but have been building back story nicely.

Negan is hilariously lovable as a psycho, the writing was good enough to turn Dwight into a complex three dimensional character, over a meaningless second tier bad guy. And while Daryl has plot armor, kind of curious where this ark is going.

I do agree with you, the show is constantly lacking direction, they need a fixed end point planned, otherwise this is going to be Dexter all over again.

Last edited:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is everyone yet to wake up from Monday's snoozefest?

Negan was interesting for about 5 minutes, now I have no time for him.
I've been invested in the show for so long that I'll keep watching, but I'm not even remotely interested in seeing it straight away.
Even more so now that Planet Earth 2 is rolling the same night!

Last episode was kind of boring, Rick had an opportunity to eliminate Negan, but it never happens. I'm waiting for the moment Rick snaps, and it's all over for Negan, then in a major plot twist, Sam and Dean show up on the next episode and slaughter Rick for killing their dad, cos you don't mess with the Winchester's!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Aaaaaand I'm spent. This season has been rubbish so far, it's lost any sort of direction and is boring. I won't be putting an hour aside of a Monday to watch it anymore.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, been fairly dull. I'll probably still hang on for a while there seems to be something building - just taking a while.

I don't know how it is conceivable that a figure like Negan could rise to the top and stay there. Everyone lives in fear around him, you can see there are plenty that want him out but it's like he's bullet proof or something.

Im slightly spoilt on the Negan direction, having wikied the comic plot. (This is probably why they got a fairly well known and likeable actor for the part rather than a relative unknown.)

But then tv and comic plots have been known to diverge.

I am still here for the hint of a Hilltop/Alexandria/Kingdom/LadyTown alliance, as much as the writers probably dragging it all on for 2 seasons...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Soooooooo, fuck this show. It's total shit to me now, I am so bored with whatever the plot is and it's just recycling the same dribble every week. It's now totally pointless and has not one basis of meaning or direction.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Soooooooo, fuck this show. It's total shit to me now, I am so bored with whatever the plot is and it's just recycling the same dribble every week. It's now totally pointless and has not one basis of meaning or direction.
Yeah...but...zombies.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Didn't realise it was the season finale. Been a bit slow building up over the last few episodes so wasn't that enthusiastic to watch. Got it ready to go, probably tonight now I know it's the finale.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This whole season has been one big yawn fest

It's the F1 of the zombie world. Promises big, you get hyped then it sucks balls.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The finale was ok, at least the writers tried this time around. It's like they used up all they had on the first head smashing episode and plodded to the finale.
It was a bit absurd the ending, where Carl just shoots the bloke that had a gun pointed at his face and somehow the junk yard people could only manage to pop one of the main cast in the arm.
They really have some work to do next year, they going to have to give a glimmer of hope of a cure or something. The drudgery of surviving is wearing thin after 8 seasons.