Thredbo - all you need to know

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Did my first two runs today, track is riding great with all the work done. I encourage anyone thinking of coming to do it, as the track will get hammered with all the racing coming up. Yes the trail crew will fix her up, but it's riding great now. Few new lines, jumps etc, and lots of nice berm work.
STH East MTB have Kona, GT, Mongoose, Zerode, rental bikes with more brands coming(Trek, Giant etc), so great venue to try before you take the plunge on a new DH sled.

alpasue

Likes Bikes
New track ?

Strong rumors around that Thredbo will be getting a new track ! Top to bottom b-line ! Will have to check with Sth east mtb this weekend.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Great day at Thredbo today for the opener.
Over 50 riders, no rain till the end of the day. Tomorrow will hopefully be the same. Good to see the K9 bike in the flesh. Some fast riders there today, including a well skilled 9 year old.

buffy

Likes Dirt
just rode wed and thurs. amazing weather, nice and sunny, cool on the way up.
track is awesome fun, first time there and had a blast. a bit of digging in the middle of the track today.

Dazzo

Likes Dirt
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if you needed an Australian Standed approved (stickered) helmet to ride threadbo?
They don't check for the Aus approved sticker since there is no legal requirement to have it there. Myself and a number of my friends have purchased helmets from OS, cheaper, that are available locally. The only requirement is that it is a full face, and the logical requirement is that it is a good fit and structually sound - it is after all your head...

Having said all that, it may become a requirement in the ACT to have the AUS approved sticker to race in organised events in the near future.

Griffo82

Cannon Fodder
Trail changes?

Hi guys,

I was thinking of heading down to Thredbo this summer and was wondering what other changes have been made to the runs, as this last post was in 2005. Looking forward to it!

Griffo

lawry

Likes Dirt
what he said. it didnt work great but i left it in my pocket and usually just went around it :)

is the main chair open now? there on the 30th!
None of my downhill gear has pockets but cannot see the point of electronic gates that you cannot take your bikes through???
Will have a huge giggle when the weather improves and the crowds return.
In regards to pushing up...... I will if you will :distrust:
Yep Kosczi chair up and running.

jp4294

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
Thinking about driving down with some mates for 3 days after chrissy for the first time.
Anyone have any ideas for cheap accommodation (camping maybe)?
Also, what armour do you guys recommend I should take?
Cheers