Thredbo - all you need to know

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't be going down there when snowgums chair is running, its soooooooo slow... I mean you will be lucky to get 6 runs a day if you don't stop except for the mandatory lunch break.

T-Rex

Template denier
I wouldn't be going down there when snowgums chair is running, its soooooooo slow... I mean you will be lucky to get 6 runs a day if you don't stop except for the mandatory lunch break.
Nah, we did six runs last Saturday morning before the lunch break, no problem. You could easily do 12 runs on Snowgums in a day, with the lunch break, if you were fit enough (which I'm not!). The quad chair is 13 minutes to the top, Snowgums is 17 minutes to Black Sallies, Snowgums just feels a lot slower because it doesn't go all the way to the top.

laura_spark

Likes Dirt
last year lunch breaks were not mandatory when slowgums was running - can anyone shed some light on that theory for the new season??

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nah, we did six runs last Saturday morning before the lunch break, no problem. You could easily do 12 runs on Snowgums in a day, with the lunch break, if you were fit enough (which I'm not!). The quad chair is 13 minutes to the top, Snowgums is 17 minutes to Black Sallies, Snowgums just feels a lot slower because it doesn't go all the way to the top.

A mate and I did 14 runs a few years ago on Slow Gums and that was with a lunch break.

T-Rex

Template denier
last year lunch breaks were not mandatory when slowgums was running - can anyone shed some light on that theory for the new season??
Well, they stopped for lunch 12.30 to 1.30 last Saturday, on Sunday from 12.30 to 1, but from 1 it was only uploading, as racing was starting at 1.30. I seem to recall last year it was the same. I think the idea is to force the punters to get some rest and eat, thereby preventing them from getting fatigued and needing to get scraped off a rock at around mid afternoon.....

A mate and I did 14 runs a few years ago on Slow Gums and that was with a lunch break.
Yep, there you go jda, however VTSS350 is a lot fitter, younger and faster than me....

Alex D

Likes Bikes
can anyone comment on the new lines/updated track status this season? what has changed? heading down in 2 weeks curious what the new crew have done?

T-Rex

Template denier
can anyone comment on the new lines/updated track status this season? what has changed? heading down in 2 weeks curious what the new crew have done?
Nothing's changed since the end of last summer. Basically they haven't had time to do any work on the track.

jonjon86

Likes Dirt
I'm all booked in for the 13th & 14th.
First time so i'm looking foreward to it.

Anyone else there that weekend?

Tom../

Likes Bikes
Thredbo .....SNOWING!!!

Hey, i saw on the news the other night that thredbo got 20ish centrmeters of snow, has anyone her headed down for the downhilling season yet? i'd have thought it would be a bit early if some people have, considering the season ends may time.

Tom

Likes Dirt
Sorry if this has been covered, but how much are we looking at for lift tickets this year?

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey, i saw on the news the other night that thredbo got 20ish centrmeters of snow, has anyone her headed down for the downhilling season yet? i'd have thought it would be a bit early if some people have, considering the season ends may time.

Tom
A couple of mates are going down this weekend, I could go with them but with recent snow and showers predicted for the weekend I think I'll wait until later in the year. Although I could really use the opportunity to tune my new rear shock.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Tom
Why would it be a bit early??? :confused:

There has already been a race down there!

It doesnt matter what time of the year it is you can always get snow. I was there a few years ago and we got snow in late December.

I have also been there in november many times and its been hot as hell. Sounds like this weekend could be a bit wet though.

Tom../

Likes Bikes
cool, yeah me and a few mates want to go down, but unsure if we should go down late dec or early jan????
Also dunno if we wanna fly or drive.

Tom

kooty

Likes Bikes
i went down on the weekend and it was 1 degree and snowing. lifts were closed they wouldnt let anyone ride because they reckoned it was too slippery. ive heard of people riding in snow there before so maybe just this new company is a bit hesitant.

my lift ticket was gunna be 120 for the 2 days so its pretty cheap!

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also dunno if we wanna fly
Tom
Fly? Your joking again right???:p

The cloest airport to Thredbo is just outside of cooma atleast 1 hour from thredbo maybe more.

By the time you get to an airport, fly to cooma and then drive to thredbo you would almost have been quicker to drive.

Driving is far easier!

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
just wondering if anyone knows any fool proof ways to get to thredbo and back by bus? i live in toowoomba and greyhound doesn't offer any services.

bikeman102

Likes Dirt
im heading down there next weekend, and i just want to make sure i would beable to ride with all this snow that they've had. do they close the chairlift if its to cold?? or snowing?? ive put alot of money into this trip, and i dnt want to get there and not be able to ride