Thredbo Lives!

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Finally your questions are answered and its all good news for you guys & Thredbo. South East MTB Company is the new owner of the servo & the mountain bike business in Thredbo.

Everybody in our company rides & as you will soon see we are not new to Thredbo or the bike industry. There will be some old faces & some new ones, with big smiles, fresh attitudes, good service & good riding to be had by all.

Discussions are already under way with Thredbo management, local Councils, the National Parks & also Tourism Snowy Mountains (run by a rider keen to make a difference). Thredbo has already agreed to an upgrade & section changes to the existing DH which will start immediately after the snow melts. Plus much more in the works.

Our vision is big so tell us what you want & don’t want.

We will release more details in the coming weeks. So stay tuned its all good.

Jane Corben
Sth East MTB Co
51 Friday Drive
Thredbo NSW 2625
02 6457 6234

single-track-mind

Likes Dirt
Hay Squid

do you know if they will retain the records from previous years ? So if you have been up and done the orientation previously you wont have to do it again with the new company.
Hope so !
Also do you have an info on the whispers of Perisher being a mtb destination ???

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok south east mtb company, I think I speak on everyones behalf, if we could have our own mini whistler that would be the dream! realistically, I think having possibly more than one track would be amazing, maybe keep the canonball but do it up a little add another big jump or feature of some kind? then make a harder downhill run maybe a bit faster, with more technical parts, then if possible a dream run like a-line, just big tables and berms! If I could have those three tracks, or even one dh and one jump/drop freeride but smooth fun not huck crazy tracks that would be supreme,

ps. even better still just knowing we haven't lost our fabled thredbo is a pretty good start! I love chairlifts!

single-track-mind

Likes Dirt
Ok south east mtb company, I think I speak on everyones behalf, if we could have our own mini whistler that would be the dream! realistically, I think having possibly more than one track would be amazing, maybe keep the canonball but do it up a little add another big jump or feature of some kind? then make a harder downhill run maybe a bit faster, with more technical parts, then if possible a dream run like a-line, just big tables and berms! If I could have those three tracks, or even one dh and one jump/drop freeride but smooth fun not huck crazy tracks that would be supreme,

ps. even better still just knowing we haven't lost our fabled thredbo is a pretty good start! I love chairlifts!
AHMEN!! some extra jumps like tabletops and BIG berms would be soo good . As much as I like cannonball it does get a little boring with the lack of variety .
Bring it on cant wait for that pesky snow to melt and all those fashion victims to go home
mmm global warming I like it = all year Thredbo MTB riding
nah just kidding ;)

Sam.

Eats Squid
An a-line style track with massive tables and huge manicured berms would be so awesome! I too would like to hear more about the talk of perisher becoming a mtb destination. Good news!

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is great news the track really needs to change and maybe bigger stuff on the track that cant be rolled and have b lines so its faster to hit the jump in stead of pumping it, also i agree with sams idea but still yooo this is heaps good

ALSO when there races on thredbo dont start then at the top of the gravel road cause it really crap and im sure people will agree with that

Last edited:

Giant_4_Life

Likes Dirt
An a-line style track with massive tables and huge manicured berms would be so awesome! I too would like to hear more about the talk of perisher becoming a mtb destination. Good news!
yeah would be good to hear more about the perisher mtb park.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thredbo fireroad is legendary seriously, i may not be that fast at it, but its hell fun cause it is one place that defiantly shows the quicker from the lesser talented!

Painey

Likes Dirt
You say that you want bigger stuff on the track to make and break time. Well the fire road is exactly that. If your getting bored down it clearly someone isnt going fast enough!

Its great news to see thredbo hasnt come to a stop.

This is great news the track really needs to change and maybe bigger stuff on the track that cant be rolled and have b lines so its faster to hit the jump in stead of pumping it, also i agree with sams idea but still yooo this is heaps good

ALSO when there races on thredbo dont start then at the top of the gravel road cause it really crap and im sure people will agree with that

Dug

Likes Dirt
That fire road scares the crap outta me, and when its stops scaring the crap outta me I'll GO FASTER DOWN IT!

Great news to have a fresh outlook on the Thredbo MTB scene.

More lines MORE tracks for the DH will only add to the attraction of the place... Great work guys, looking forward to riding the outcome;)

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
i deffinetly agree, A-line all the way. But also i dont particularly like the idea of having jumps that people cant roll. Not necisserly for me, but i think thats whats great about the cannonball that anyone can ride it, and ride it comfortably. Mabye create new lines that can be bunted on/off on a race depending on the skill level of those competing.

Such as using the cannonball as a base line, but then merge off it for 1 minute or so then rejoin. gives it abit of diversity without building a whole new track that NP might not like.

B1KR BOI

Likes Dirt
Great news! I think that the only thing that needs to be change on the current track is the jump before bunny walk, instead of a wooden kicker with a flat lander there should be a decent 15-20ft jump made from dirt.

Apart from that i really would like to see a variety of different tracks being built for different riding styles e.g. an aussie a-line/dirt merchant and a slopestyle track as well so our aussie freeriders dont always have to go overseas to compete.

Greg

saundo

Likes Dirt
They should make a huge step down into the lsat corner of the fire road and them berm that corner. So you come into the kickerat like mach 10 hit the steep down then rail the corner like theres no tommorow, The fire road has to stay though it is the best part of the track

Lube

Likes Dirt
So will South East MTB Co be running under the RawNRG banner or will they be working under their own name? Just wondering if you guys/girls at Sth East MTB have a website to check out? Cheers

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
Dont think we will ever see a track like A-Line at Thredbo its wide enought to drive a car down and cant see National parks letting them go nuts with a big digger making big tables everwhere. Keep the old track the same and build a huck track for all the NWD kids.

oldbean

NSWMTB
Great to hear that there is some fresh blood on the MTB scene in Thredbo. But I also want to say a big Thanks! to all the hard work that the guys at RAWNRG put in over the years. There were plenty of people who were there because they just loved MTBing and wanted to help others enjoy it, and put plenty of hard work into it.

Now to the future...
Lots of talk about DH tracks, and that's great as it makes use of the chairlift and all, but personally I think that a bit more variety in the wider area would also make the place more enjoyable to a wider audience. Some longer XC type trails up and down that valley as well as some tamer DH trails that are more exploratory over the whole area of the ski fields would be good. Lack of variety has always been Thredbo's downfall, so focus on avoiding that. Oh, and a DH track that has some options and isn't taped just 1 metre wide the whole way down.

single-track-mind

Likes Dirt
Dont think we will ever see a track like A-Line at Thredbo its wide enought to drive a car down and cant see National parks letting them go nuts with a big digger making big tables everwhere. Keep the old track the same and build a huck track for all the NWD kids.
You know what is so ironic with NPWS and Thredbo .
This year while riding there going up the chair lift watching a backhoe and other heavy machinery digging up the ground to lay more pipes for artificial snow .
it MADE A SHIT LOAD of mess and destruction yet we can only use ONE track all of three feet wide as "it's damaging to the alpine enviroment .!!!!!
Hello NPWS we use little rubber tyres 2.5 " wide and look what you let go on in the name of skiing.

Last edited:

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
You know what is so ironic with NPWS and Thredbo .
This year while riding there going up the chair lift watching a backhoe and other heavy machinery digging up the ground to lay more pipes for artificial snow .
it MADE A SHIT LOAD of mess and destruction yet we can only use ONE track all of three feet wide as "it's damaging to the alpine enviroment .!!!!!
Hello NPWS we use little rubber tyres 2.5 " wide and look what you let go on in the name of skiing.
Yeah artificial snow makes more money then rubber tyres.
Anyway its all good with both Buller and Threders getting bigger better.
Gotta love living close to both.