Thredbo Nats Prices??

reej

Likes Dirt
hey,
I was just looking through the raw nrg site http://www.rawnrg.com.au/rawnrg.net/default.aspx
and found out that they are asking $160 for DH including friday lift pass and this is without 4X (another $60).Thats a total of $220 and all the winners will probably get is hats. i swear last year i paid $99 for a combined entry of DH and 4X and i got as many DH runs as possible all friday. Am i missing some package link here or are they ripping us off this year?

anyone got anymore info or complaints
cheers

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
maybe there gona give realy big hats this year!

but i thought the same as you, as i recall 4x was included in dh entry:confused:

Frazzle

Likes Dirt
Thredbo seems to be getting stingier each year. I understand the whole constant maintenance and stuff but its certainly the highest race fees ive com across.

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
hey,
I was just looking through the raw nrg site http://www.rawnrg.com.au/rawnrg.net/default.aspx
and found out that they are asking $160 for DH including friday lift pass

I agree with you that $220 is a fair cop for the DH and 4X but that's what the price is set at so it's no use complaining about it. If you find that this is "all too much" then don't do the 4X. Thredbo has always cost more than any other venue but then again you get a lot more runs down a longer hill than any other track.
Price has been $135-$145 for Friday, Saturday, Sunday riding for the past couple of years.

reej

Likes Dirt
I agree with you that $220 is a fair cop for the DH and 4X but that's what the price is set at so it's no use complaining about it. If you find that this is "all too much" then don't do the 4X. Thredbo has always cost more than any other venue but then again you get a lot more runs down a longer hill than any other track.
Price has been $135-$145 for Friday, Saturday, Sunday riding for the past couple of years.
yeh clearly i wasn't complaining. i was letting people know of this, and asking if i was missing something......
And i know i paid $99 for both disciplines last year national round 3.
Unless the people at the rego counter didnt know what day it was and also the people at the lift didnt know what was going on. i dont understand such a dramatic increase.:confused: :confused:

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
I think its stupid. $220 for 2 races (3 days of DH), with a split practice session (so less time on the hill anyway). It just feels like where getting reamed by Colin.

benji101

Likes Dirt
I think its stupid. $220 for 2 races (3 days of DH), with a split practice session (so less time on the hill anyway). It just feels like where getting reamed by Colin.
that is exactly right, its just bullshit when we have to pay that much and for it to be spilit practice times then u end up only getting very small amount of runs!

S.

ex offender
Just as yet another standard of comparison where thredbo is getting smacked down, here's a head to head with the Stromlo Nats:

1. Price:
Thredbo: $160
Stromlo: $99

2. Amount of riding:
Thredbo: 3 days
Stromlo: 5 days (no joke, check the post in the News section)

3. Number of lines down track:
Thredbo: 1
Stromlo: >1

4. Same track as last year
Thredbo: almost certainly
Stromlo: unlikely

5. Hats as prizes:
Thredbo: probably
Stromlo: probably not

Uh, see you all at Thredbo then.

x

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am planning to go, but I'm quite put off about the price. 160 dollars and if you win you get a hat, and I'm defnitely not going to win. Though I guess it isn't about prizes. I think 80-100 dollars would be a more suitable price.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I dont know what you guys are crying about.

$160 for 3 days of racing using a CHAIR LIFT.

Remember that RAWNRG has to pay for your ass on the chair lift. Its not cheap either.

I am not defending RAWNRG or the hat debacle or Colin, I have had my issues with them in the passed. I just believe that its not over priced for what you are getting.

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
I dont know what you guys are crying about.

$160 for 3 days of racing using a CHAIR LIFT.

Remember that RAWNRG has to pay for your ass on the chair lift. Its not cheap either.

And if he paid 1/2 of the $160 for the chairs i would be ok with it...but...its no where near it. Police highway patrols are blatant with their revenue raising ripoff....here is another.
I am going to this Thredbo as i have booked time off work and accom etc. However this is the last event i am going to in Thredbo as well, untill changes are made. And i have been racing there since the very beginning........

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Obviously the people in Thredbo have done their sums and the price reflects the profit they need to make. I for one think the price is a bit steep seeing as the bulk of riders travel a long way to get there and then they get told that they can only practise for a very limited time.
The hat thing shouldn't happen again but in all honesty, do people race primarily to win? I like the atmosphere and the tracks myself, not the chance of winning $50.
If the prizes were fantastic (ie money, hat, tyre and T shirt) for all podium getters, would that attract more people and make the entry price worth it? I reckon the price would go up if anything.
I think it is a sign of the times. Organising a race takes a lot out of you and costs more than some people would realise, the price will only get higher.

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
Obviously the people in Thredbo have done their sums and the price reflects the profit they need to make.
I think it is a sign of the times. Organising a race takes a lot out of you and costs more than some people would realise, the price will only get higher.
I do understand as i have hosted a National DH before...maybe thats why i feel the way i do, and after racing your race....we travel the same distance to yours.. that just highlights to me and most others the lack of value in thredbo these days.....

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I agree with you that $220 is a fair cop for the DH and 4X but that's what the price is set at so it's no use complaining about it.
What?! Yeah, you disagree with something and feel you're getting ripped..., best to say nothing and just get ripped eh? Mate, I'm opening a shop just around the corner from your house! Sounds like there's some tidy profits to be made selling stuff to you.

Thredbo staying-at-home roll call:
1. Me.
2. Me.

dirtdemon

Likes Dirt
I think that maybe RAW NRG has put it's prices up because of falling numbers of riders equalling less revenue. After last year's debarcle perhaps Mt Buller, South Australia or any other place in Australia should have been given the Thredbo round as a clear sign by MTBA that profit above everything else including safety, rider satisfaction and the betterment of the sport it is not acceptable.

I hear from riders that were at the track on the weekend that it is in the worst condition that they have seen it before a major race, with severe braking rutts already, and when they challenged the staff about the condition of the track they were informed that they have other things to worry about (XC track and 4X) and would be unlikely to putting to much more work into the downhill track.

But as always the choice is yours - pay the money put up with it or stay at home. I also hear that the companies wanting to put up tents in the main area pay three times as much as anywhere else and they don't even use the chairlift - go figure!