Thredbo Women's Weekend

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
Yeah - but we might have spare room in our car (though maybe not for another bike.. hmmm will need to think about this one!!)... but yeah it might be an option to hitch a ride with someone?!

Bethany

Likes Bikes
hey
if i go ill have room for another person and bike if it helps.

Im kinda bit scared of signing up. Never riden real downhill, dont know anyone going...

Mandy

Likes Bikes
I will definately be going and definately wanting to hitch a ride with someone. Ill go halves in petrol too. So if you do have a spare spot let me know. It will be good to as i dont know anyone so the drive there is a great chance to get to know another mtber girl :)

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
*feels a rode trip coming on!!!!* Unfortunately though I had a think about it and realised that we wouldn't have enough room for another person. It'll be pushing it with 3 of us already with our bikes!!

Maybe before Thredbo us Sydney girls should meet up for a ride to get to know each other. It'd certainly make Thredbo have a more relaxed atmosphere if we have met each other before!!

Dougy

Likes Dirt
If you decide to come down early I'll be more than happy to show you all around the Jindy trails. I live in Jindy and my wife will be trying to make the weekend but it all depends on her work commitments.

Mandy

Likes Bikes
Well i will definately be up for a ride. Just let me know the date and i will let you know if i can make it!!

inko

Squid
bike hire

im from bne but interested in going down there

how much would the bike hire be for the two days? since somehow i don't think my trek3700 will be sufficient - might not survive

oh - and is it like a two day intensive riding workshop?

Mandy

Likes Bikes
Hey im just making the list of whats available for hire and their prices so that i can post it in this thread
Hope too see you there!!!

http://www.rawnrg.com.au/rawnrg/thredbo.asp?secName=Downhill&a=1&secID=60&callcontentID=34

dual Suspension
delux dual = $143 all day or $153 for 24 hours
dual salom bike = $110 all day of $120 for 24 hours

Raw NRG Armour Rental Rates

1day 2 day

Full Face Helmet $33 $55

Chest Plate $25 $35

Pressure Suit $45 $80

Piece of armour $15 $25

Elbow, knee, gloves $35 $55

Full Monty – the lot $75 $125

Last edited:

inko

Squid
Sometimes RawNRG to specials for weekends like the Womens one.Hopefully they will do so this time too. :)

i would hope theyd do specials otherwise i would be spending a heap of money on hiring a bike + helmet + armour.

is the Dual Slalom Bike suitable for someone 164cm or less & 59kg or less? the words got cut off

Dougy

Likes Dirt
You don't need a DH bike to ride at Thredbo. Yeah, it's going to make things a little easier but the track is totally doable on a hardtail. In fact for a weekend like this a hardtail is a great idea as it will make you think about your riding more and you will most likely get more from the sessions.

inko

Squid
thanks Dougy. are you one of the instructors at thredbo?

bringing hardtail sounds good though the bike is not the best. its got one of those plastic rst forks

perhaps if it breaks then i will hire a bike and won't have to carry anything back to brisbane :rolleyes: but never ridden a dh bike so probably couldn't control it as well - they are probably 10x as heavy too.

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
thanks Dougy. are you one of the instructors at thredbo?

bringing hardtail sounds good though the bike is not the best. its got one of those plastic rst forks

perhaps if it breaks then i will hire a bike and won't have to carry anything back to brisbane :rolleyes: but never ridden a dh bike so probably couldn't control it as well - they are probably 10x as heavy too.
Trust me, at 6 or so minutes on the dh at Thredbo, hardtail is a very hard slog there. It might be worth it to hire a full suspension bike for the weekend and for your own sanity. :D

Dougy

Likes Dirt
Hiring a DH bike would be a good idea but if it came down to "if I have to hire a bike I can't afford to go" then I'd just stick to what you have. The course isn't usually a full-on DH race deal where you are punching out full runs down the Cannonball it is more about skills and bike handling so everything is done in sections. If things are tight you could always bring your bike and just hire for a day or so just to have a go.

Mandy

Likes Bikes
Just thought you all might like the link to how to book you either call or email.

http://www.rawnrg.com.au/rawnrg/about.asp?a=12&secID=33&secname=Bookings&callcontentID=72

Okay i rang the number and the guy said his boss is away so his not taking phone bookings at the moment. The new rawnrg site will be up next week and you should be able to book online with the new website.

Anyone that went last year do you know if the cost includes your food the guy wasnt sure???

Last edited:

Zooke

Likes Bikes
.......perhaps if it breaks then i will hire a bike and won't have to carry anything back to brisbane :rolleyes: but never ridden a dh bike so probably couldn't control it as well - they are probably 10x as heavy too.
Inko, your bike weighs not much less then my Trance 2, the one I rode the other day. It is a XC duelie, but it handles me throwing it around just fine. I swapped from a Hardtail over to it with no worries. I reckon you would be fine after seeing you ride. If they are set up properly for your wieght then theres no prob. Remind me next time we go riding and you can have a tool around on mine.