new bikes comming out every year

lack of good and legal places to ride (must of blame is put on the council/gov

People complaining but failing to do anything,

== waiting for flame of being hypocritcal ===

Shaun

Likes Dirt
1. expensive bikes

2. expensive parts.

3. and the gearbox system. it makes it too much like a moto. i respect the designing and everything but it just goes too far. they need to concentrate on perfecting the deraileur.

and eddie i totally see where you are coming from, but we need to respect the rules so we can keep riding at these places.

spuddy

Likes Dirt
1. People that think they need full suspension for downhill.
2. People who hate on singlespeeders, even though they have never tried it.
3. People who think they are top shit just because they own an expensive bike.

anfon

Banned
The three things that piss me off the most are:

1) Me not having a expensive downhill bike.

2) People who bitch, when I ride there jumps/ dh tracks and change them to suit me.

3) Not having jumps/tracks/races anywhere near my house. Those stupid bastards should be making them for me

Inverted

Likes Dirt
1. No component warrantee
2. Lack of indistructable rims
3. Riders who dont talk on trails
4. Lack of facilities for dirt jumpers (Look how many fucken skate parks there are.)
5. Post whores on this site telling everyone where the best dirt jumps are

Dhfactory

Likes Dirt
Basically, i could get angry and yell and scream about kicking peoples heads in. But.... i'd rather say, I'd change nothing, because i know nothing is perfect and i don't want to screwup a pretty good sport.

-Sean

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
bb7 rider said:
Ok some mod im looking at grip, can you take the argument into another thread? its actually quite intresting until everyone pipes up with there little abuse which isnt adding to the argument but probabbly trying to get a discounted workstand. I think a new thread should be started and clearing this one out as i am so intreted as too how grips going to make everyone where helmets in the pits.
bb7, you're absolutely right and I apologise for where this has gone. I must admit that when eddie turned my debate into a personal attack I thought "bugger that" and figured I was going to defend my position in the open forum... because it was "sort of" on topic. Sort of. Though to be honest I've totally had it with eddie and felt that the arrogant attitude needed to be addressed within the thread because I sometimes think it's those sort of attitudes that are harming the sport overall. Anyway, that was my justification... but you are right. Bad mod!

As for helmets... I never said I was going to try and make people wear them... or that I cared (personally)... I just can't stand people who think rules don't apply to them and that they can do whatever they like regardless of consequences. That just AIN'T reality.

I also apologise to Ty for my part in stuffing his thread.

Rik

logged out
I've removed the debate/crap out of this thread, for the sake of the good topic that Ty posted.
If you want to debate the other topic (race regulations), feel free to start another thread, but try it keep it reasonable with no personal attacks. The reason I didn't just split the debate in to a new thread is that it was mainly personal attacks, with not much legitimate discussion.
Can't we just have a decent discussion without it getting personal? Can you at least try...Go on, I dare ya!

manny24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
good move rik :wink: , tho i think u missed a coupla above ur post ^^^^ :p

1. pinch flats, and those repetitius flats that takes days to find the cause of...
2. stupid pet dogs that like the taste of your tires!!! no shit...
3. worse of all, the wind. i dont mind riding thru the rain, cold or the heat. but the wind just brings me down :(

crozza

Likes Dirt
- manny soo fuckin true i have the hate for the wind
- the price of every thing to do with bikes
- people not hitting shit when they are capable
- shitty little debates in a MTB fourm

manny24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
"- people not hitting shit when they are capable "

tee hee, im one of them lots of the time!

i guess i can add this:
-not hitting 'shit' when i know that i can :roll:

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ahh shit i forgot:

pegs on mtb, and brakeless mtb.

and just to recap, bens sister is REALLY hot.

MrPlow

TMBC
1) Forgetting Why we ride.
2) Not being able to ride as well as I want to be able to (which I also love cause that's what makes mtb interesting)
3) Knockers within the sport, the smartarses with no respect for other peoples property, feelings, and initiative. There is not enough "Thankyou's" in this sport (or in the world) and too many
bitches.

While we are on thankyou's I thank Scott for Farkin, Grip, Rik, Ty, Socket etc etc. For pretty well keeping Farkin topics interesting, when others try soo bloody hard to post smart arse good for nothing posts thinking they are funny, like some of the ones /\/\/\

Dicky

Punter God
HFX-9s. I'd rather footjam.

"I'd hit it", and then not hitting it

People who buy duallies to commute

Giant's frame tubing supplier

naz

Criminally Inane
hayes brakes
the ego of some people at races
people asking why dont u spend that much on a car
old people