Tokyo 2020

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pardon my ignorance but who is Laura Chapin?
I was curious so I tracked her down. I don't follow swimming but it sounds like an intellectualized form of "sore loser" syndrome. The article I read mentioned a string of tweets along the same line from other American women like Chapin. Even a few comments of Titmus who? and she was "lucky". Too miserable.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
what an absolute dumbcunt. Too many fuckups happening. Remember the "press boat" blocking some of the athletes at the swim start of the triathlon?!?! real keystone cops stuff. :rolleyes:
I would imagine they take on general Olympic vollies, and send them off to sports they have no idea about. Seem to be a number of fudge ups with lesser known sports, that could have been sorted if they had vollies from those activities.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I would imagine they take on general Olympic vollies, and send them off to sports they have no idea about. Seem to be a number of fudge ups with lesser known sports, that could have been sorted if they had vollies from those activities.
They take on hundreds of general people with zero experience. Dress them in an official Olympic tracksuit and post them all over the place.
I have a friend who took a few weeks off work and worked at the London 2012 Olympics.
They get paid but it's more for the experience... she is 100% the opposite of a sporty person, more chatty and organisational.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
You wade into a sports thread to not only loudly proclaim that you don’t like sports, but also in a manner that suggests you look down on people who do, and you wonder why you are copping flak???
suppose not. sports ball types are pretty delicate about their bread and circuses... doesn't make me miserable, just a bit bored and mildly annoyed we spend so much money on it.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mildly annoyed we spend so much money on it.
I have to agree with you on that, Haarkon, I am more than mildly annoyed. In fact pissed off. Especially when I see the terrible state of facilities for the less than elites in our obese country.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
You wade into a sports thread to not only loudly proclaim that you don’t like sports, but also in a manner that suggests you look down on people who do, and you wonder why you are copping flak???
Exactly this! At least Hi-Fi keeps his CC opinions to the relevant thread, mostly.