Totally Over Magpies

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a couple of bad strikes last season, this season I have a genuine phobia.

There was even one in the front yard this morning, I was quivering as I wheeled my bike out. Everywhere I ride I feel I'm being watched. WHEN WILL IT END?!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I had a couple of bad strikes last season, this season I have a genuine phobia.

There was even one in the front yard this morning, I was quivering as I wheeled my bike out. Everywhere I ride I feel I'm being watched. WHEN WILL IT END?!
Never it's the maggie apocalypse. :fear:

teK--

Eats Squid
i had my first attack the other week and I'm already over it! Thought it was the bogans in the ute driving past throwing something at me, but then it happened again, and finally I saw the shadow of a circling bird.

Quickly got the fuck off the road before I had an accident.

Later on found the little shit had pecked 2 small holes in a brand new helmet which I was taking out for first ride :tsk:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I swear they sit up in the tree swapping notes with each other and bragging about the blood they drew. And generally laughing their feathery arses off at the freaked our humans. Cheeky little shits.

Had a pet one as a kid, found him as a baby fallen out of his nest and raised him. He used have a thing for people with curly hair, and we had a special hat for visitors - he would go a bit mad and land on their head with evil intent. That was the same bird that once calmly let a German Shepherd get close enough, and then stabbed the dog on the nose. Dog ran away yelping, blood pissing out - and maggie wiped the blood off his beak and went back to sleep on the porch...

I love magpies.

mtb1611

Seymour
I despise the bastards. Moronic winged excreta; is there even a single documented case of a human raiding a magpie nest? Do these twats not conduct research before launching their indiscriminate attacks? Their Russian-backed rebel-like behaviour is an abomination and reflects poorly on all winged creatures. This abhorrent conduct is compounded by their infernal pecking at my lawn. Be gone, foul beasts.

Off with their heads!

In all seriousness, I do actually hate them.

Last edited:

dA_bOmBbIkE

Likes Dirt
Had one knock my glasses of my head while doing 25kph. Was very pissed off but very thankful that I was wearing glasses and it didn't feast in my sweet sweet eye juices

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Ahhhh magpies...the house cat of the bird world. If you fight them...they continue to pick on you.

Our local swooper learned early that crashing into a helmet is not comfortable....but chasing a bike is a hoot. We tolerate him.

But if you think a magpie is bad...never ever ever upset a butcherbird. They will tear a hole in the sky so close to your ear that you will think you've been buzzed by an F-16...and react accordingly.

wavike

Likes Dirt
Magpie's - nothing a few cable ties and sunnies can't fix (my local ones anyway). Butcher birds - will take out your eyes before you hear it. I've a special pair of sunnies with big side windows for road riding, been hit by BB's but no damage to me. Thought it was a stick falling from a branch one time, so quick and quiet. Haven't been attacked in the forest so far.

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha you flappers are a bunch of dress wearing old men

The only reason Maggies attack is because they have been attacked,
think of that next time your kids or you throw stones at them

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
And if I ever see anyone (or anyone's kid) throwing things at magpies I will throw a brick at them (or their kid). People like this are probably the same arseholes that think killing sharks is going to make beaches safer... :tsk:

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And if I ever see anyone (or anyone's kid) throwing things at magpies I will throw a brick at them (or their kid). People like this are probably the same arseholes that think killing sharks is going to make beaches safer... :tsk:
mmm hmm bang on

I owe you a BIG knuckles Haakon:cheer2:

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
haha you flappers are a bunch of dress wearing old men

The only reason Maggies attack is because they have been attacked,
think of that next time your kids or you throw stones at them
Oh Bullshit. I am assuming you aren't taking the piss, although you should be.

If attacked, then responding back will make it worse, but that doesn't cause the attack in the first instance .