Tour De Farkin 2023 - Starts Sat 1st July

danncam

Likes Dirt
Keeping my team as is for the whole tour (bar any abandons), I put Pog as my stage winner on the off chance revenge was on the front of his mind. My team is weak for the sprint stages.
I think Jai had a good ride last night.
I'm counting on Caleb tonight

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Just about sums up the luck I'm having this year, dumped useless Biniam Girmay and slipped Caleb in there.

Girmay comes 3rd, Caleb in 45th FFS.
Well, at least the racing has been vaguely interesting ;) :D
I started badly, fucked up my team for stage one, always seemed to have the wrong sprinter(s), and then it went downhill from there.
I had a few decent riders, but kept managing to avoid enough of the ones consistently earning points.
Lord Ponsenby needs to withdraw to his Frankston estate and punch cones for the rest of the month. :p

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I tried to chase some sprint points and it has backfired spectacularly :) team is now a mess and I'm not sure how to fix it

Philipsen is really pushing the envelope with his sprint lines. The problem is that they've let it go twice so it's going to be pretty hard to punish him now if he does it again.
Also would have been a shame to see Cav get the record due to a disqualification

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Also would have been a shame to see Cav get the record due to a disqualification
Cav won't care. Ewan boxed in, Jakobsen in pain... Managed to be up there last night.

Might align those stars yet but running out of options.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
So a fairly flat stage tonight with a slightly uphill finish apparently.

Winner could be a long range breakaway but it’d need some big firepower, a ‘proper’ sprinter, or maybe one of the lighter sprinters like WVA.

Wonder if MVDP will be let off the leash for a breakaway?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Cav won't care.

Might align those stars yet but running out of options.
Options gone.

Had Mads in my team but thought that was going to be a WVA win. Didn't think it would be a sprinter with the climb to the finish.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
M Cavendish DNF :(
EPO boy smashing his way to a fantasy win on Stage 8 !
Mountain tonight before a well earned rest day.
Who's going to ride Puy de Dôme in homage?

I might have a crack after work, if I have any energies.

Or a stash of the super team's special sauce

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Who's going to ride Puy de Dôme in homage?

I might have a crack after work, if I have any energies.

Or a stash of the super team's special sauce
It's a tricky one to tackle.
I had no legs this morning but the middle sections are interesting with low AVG gradients but decent ramps thrown in haphazardly

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Options gone.

Had Mads in my team but thought that was going to be a WVA win. Didn't think it would be a sprinter with the climb to the finish.
Fark. Mads is the only sprinter I have. First night I didn’t pick him on a sprint stage, doh. Went with my all rounder fred wright. Came in 13th. Will a break get the stage tonight or GC riders?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
M Cavendish DNF :(
EPO boy smashing his way to a fantasy win on Stage 8 !
Mountain tonight before a well earned rest day.
Yet Again, the TdF proves how brutal it can be. Cav will have to be content with his 34. (most tour riders would be stoked to win one or two stages)
Ozzy gets his dosage right and powers onto the virtual podium.
I hate the rest days, I have to find something else on the telly to zone out to.