Tour De Farkin 2023 - Starts Sat 1st July

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Yet Again, the TdF proves how brutal it can be. Cav will have to be content with his 34. (most tour riders would be stoked to win one or two stages)
Ozzy gets his dosage right and powers onto the virtual podium.
I hate the rest days, I have to find something else on the telly to zone out to.
It is better for the history of cycling that Cav shares the record with Merckx.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It is better for the history of cycling that Cav shares the record with Merckx.
Eddy certainly thinks so. I'm sure there has been several times over the past 4-5yrs that he was on the edge of his seat. A couple of crashes and disqualifications has kept it as a shared record.

Eddy won all his in 6yrs, Cav over 15yrs.

Pog on 10 at age 24.

rockmoose

Eddy certainly thinks so. I'm sure there has been several times over the past 4-5yrs that he was on the edge of his seat. A couple of crashes and disqualifications has kept it as a shared record.

Eddy won all his in 6yrs, Cav over 15yrs.

Pog on 10 at age 24.
The Cannibal is the best, hands down.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

rockmoose

Merckx was not adverse to chemical assistance...and tested positive 3 times in his career

Too true. Clean winners have been a rarity throughout the history of cycling.

I like to think Cadel was clean. There is no denying he wasn't particularly liked by any of his team mates, prickly little shit. Cannot think of another, off the top of my head.

ForkinGreat

Wiggins used a Therapeutic Use Exemption for a steroid that preserved muscle mass but shredded fat, to win the TdF in 2012.
Froome, well, he could be a brand ambassador for Salbutamol, plus any TUEs he might have had. He was definitely gaming the system with Salbutamol in the 2017 Vuelta de Espagna, exceeding the allowable dosage. Team sky's lawyers made it all go away, but fans at the Giro in 2018 knew what was up.

1688895401175.png

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

Definitely needs to be updated. I was a big fan of Denis Menchov, but he's a cheat. As are Froome, Wiggins, Pereiro, the Shlecks.

It's all rather depressing really.
100%. The Biological Passport can also be fudged, if a rider's "baseline" indicators have been altered by doping from the get go.
The casual observer might wonder why I watch pro cycling at all, but I think these days I watch the Giro, TdF and the Monument Classics such as the Tour of Flanders and Paris Roubaix for the spectacle and toughness of the events as much as anything.
For some reason, I have never been super interested in the Vuelta, probably because everything else has the volume turned down after watching the TdF.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Bit disappointed that the GC lads weren't smashing all comers but tactically, they didn't need to I guess.

I wonder if Pog strategically let Vingers have "the win" in stage 5 as a set up

5 more mountain stages and the ITT to come. If Pog can take time on the next couple of mtn stages, I'd say he'll win the mental game.

Unless Pog is caught napping, the strength of Jumbo is just towing both riders to their launch point

ForkinGreat

Bit disappointed that the GC lads weren't smashing all comers but tactically, they didn't need to I guess.

I wonder if Pog strategically let Vingers have "the win" in stage 5 as a set up

5 more mountain stages and the ITT to come. If Pog can take time on the next couple of mtn stages, I'd say he'll win the mental game.

Unless Pog is caught napping, the strength of Jumbo is just towing both riders to their launch point
Pog might have had one off day, or as you say, let Vingegaard have yellow. There is prestige in wearing and defending the yellow jersey, but from a tactical standpoint it's a pain in the bum, as other teams often leave it to the leader's team to chase down breaks, and it can burn out the other riders in the leaders team all too quickly.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Reminder Stage 10 tonight.
Hilly stage, looks like a breakaway special so impossible to call for a stage winner.
If he wasn't only 4ish minutes down on GC then I reckon Pidcock would have a chance with the descending finish, but I doubt the peleton will let him go.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
What a finish.

Pity the last 20km is the most exciting. Means a 1am bedtime for us.